We booked this holiday so as to completely relax and chill out in the Carribean sunshine, after a stressfull few months with major buiding work being undertaken at home and pressures of work. We returned covered in sand fly bites and tired due to lack of sleep from scratching.
As reported by crazyasaboxoffrogs we too suffered and were subject to a doctors visit (courtesy of Virgin) We would not return to this hotel in it's current state purely for the sand fly issue that they have.
The hotel was tired and in great need of investment, (shortage of beach/bathing towels and sunbeds, hot water hit and miss and the rooms in need of refurbishment) however the staff and management were friendly and accomodating. The food was good too and we met a great bunch of people during our stay.
Our holiday was ruined by the sand fly investation, we found ourselves being unable to lie on a sunbed (if you could locate one) and waking about 02:30 Hrs having to run a bath trying to releive the irritation.
Virgin should not be sending peopole to this hotel if this issue is not addressed as it is my beleif that they are sending paying customers into certain misery, not blissfull contentment.
We should have known that this holiday was not going to be great when we stood in the queue at immigration for almost an hour, for then to be collected by private car and taken to the wrong hotel about a 50 minute drive from the airport!
As a result of the sand fly issue we opted to rent a car for a couple of days in order to get away from the hotel (and sand flys) on our travels we saw no-one affected quite so badly by sand fly bites, so please be aware this problem is not being over estimated, it will ruin your holiday.
We will be contacting Virgin in order to express our disappointment and vent our anger and would suggest that anyone else affected by this issue should do the same.
DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE DISRUPTION AND MISERY THAT SUCH A TINY INSECT, WHEN IN ABUNDANCE CAN CAUSE!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Beach Club is an affordable all inclusive resort also offering room only accommodations. We are a small, intimate and friendly and cater mainly to couples who want a quiet, restful and laid back Caribbean vacation. All rooms are beach front and include air conditioning, balcony with hammock and easy chairs, ceiling fan, fridge, bath and shower, hair dryer, coffee maker and telephone. Junior suites include dining facilities and kitchenette. Deluxe Suites have an extra bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Coconut Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Coconut Beach Hotel
- Coconut Beach Resort
- Coconut Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Coconut Beach Antigua