In early June, my best friend and I visited Coconut Beach Club in St. John Antigua. We purchased an all-inclusive Groupon for this resort earlier in the year. We stayed for 5 days and four nights and as a previous reviewer said, it was a little slice of heaven! The views and atmosphere were absolutely gorgeous and felt like a dream. We had a lower-level room with a deck that went straight out to the beach. The water was calm and it had the prettiest turquoise-blue color. I even saw a huge starfish when I was playing in the water! The resort staff was extremely attentive and we spent a good bit of time getting to know them which made our stay even better. It was such a relaxed atmosphere, it was very easy to make friends with other guests as well.
Overall, the accommodations were okay - the room was clean and neat but the bathroom was definitely outdated and could use some new fixtures. We didn't spend much time in the room at all so we were able to deal with it.
The resort features an infinity pool, nearby bar and open-air restaurant. It was so pretty and very "tropical." The food was delicious and the presentation was even better. On Sunday nights, they have a live steele band play after dinner, so that is a treat too. I highly recommend getting the catamaran tour from Frenchie, who's on the beach in the morning time booking tours. We went on the Wadadli Cats boat ride and it was amazing - excellent food, snorkeling, tour commentary, and of course LOTS of rum punch!
The thing that I liked most about Coconut Beach club was that fact that it was physically tucked away between two huge landscapes on the beach side. This means that the beach was completely private to the resort. Only guests can get to the beach or else you'd have to come in by boat. We went during their "slow" season, so the resort wasn't at full capacity so there was lots of room to hang out on the beach and overall, it was pretty quiet.
I would love to go back and visit and I recommend that others go too. It truly is a gem and you come back wishing that you could have stayed for much longer. I'm trying to see if I can return next year! (Come out with more Groupons!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Beach Club is an affordable all inclusive resort also offering room only accommodations. We are a small, intimate and friendly and cater mainly to couples who want a quiet, restful and laid back Caribbean vacation. All rooms are beach front and include air conditioning, balcony with hammock and easy chairs, ceiling fan, fridge, bath and shower, hair dryer, coffee maker and telephone. Junior suites include dining facilities and kitchenette. Deluxe Suites have an extra bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Coconut Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Coconut Beach Hotel
- Coconut Beach Resort
- Coconut Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Coconut Beach Antigua