Coconut Beach Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Galley Bay Resort & Spa(Five Islands Village)
  • Restaurant
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)
Antigua Village(St. John's)
Excellent 5/5
Hermitage Bay(Saint Mary's)
Excellent 5/5
Trade Winds Hotel(St. John's)
Very Good 4/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My wife and I just returned from a week at CBC. It is a small resort right on the beach, with one of the friendliest staff I've ever encountered. Jahilda, Sharon, Cotton, Brent, Samatha, Bernadette and everyone who I can't remember their names now were great and couldn't do enough for you. With CBC being a small resort and no televisions in the rooms you find yourself at the bar and this leads to meeting the other guests and sharing stories and having fun with them. Their isn't much entertainment, one night out of the week their is a steel drum band and another a single drummer comes in. Food is good, not gourmet and the grounds are manicured and clean. Rooms are clean and could use a little refreshing but all in all no problem. We had a great time and would consider going back if we are looking for a laid back relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank sumi9669
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We just loved our stay at Coconut Beach Club, it was everything we hoped it would be....... A small hotel that was very relaxing with fabulous food, fantastically friendly staff, right on the beach! No loud music, no organised beach games, no crowds.......it was a little bit of paradise! A great place to just chill out CBC has a very friendly atmosphere, at times we felt more like house guests than hotel guests. A true Antiguan gem!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank BeanInTheSun
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My wife and I just returned from a week stay at Coconut beach club for our Honeymoon. Wow. What an amazing stay it was. We loved the time there. It was so relaxing and peaceful. You don't get woken up by loud music or by the staff trying to get you to partake in pool activities and ect. You are left alone to do as you please. The balcony with the hammock is well worth the room price. Food is excellent every night and something for everyone as I do not eat seafood at all. Beautiful clean beach and the staff is so helpful, polite, friendly and sociable. Especially Jahilda who works the bar. One thing we loved was Thursday night when they have the manager come to a social event to meet and greet and she will discuss any concerns and get to know you personally. Nicole the manager was awesome. We have stayed at many resorts and never had this oppertunity to meet and greet the manager. If you want to relax in peace and quiet, we highly recomend. If its a party and your vacation planned for you this is not the place then.

Room Tip: Junior superior is amazing and well worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jason V
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Just got back from CBC and had a great time. We were looking for some rest and relaxation and certainly got this. We chose the hotel because it was small, adults only and beach front and it more than fulfilled our expectations. Yes there were things that were not perfect but nothing that affected our enjoyment. As has been said before, all the staff are great and couldn't do enough for you. No complaints about food or drink except the temptation to indulge too much. Met a great crowd of people that enhanced the experiance including nickandlinds211006, Martha M and Johnnyboy008 who have left reviews below. If ever we go back to Antigua, which is a beautiful island, we wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank SNDRPRKR
Reviewed 8 July 2012

In early June, my best friend and I visited Coconut Beach Club in St. John Antigua. We purchased an all-inclusive Groupon for this resort earlier in the year. We stayed for 5 days and four nights and as a previous reviewer said, it was a little slice of heaven! The views and atmosphere were absolutely gorgeous and felt like a dream. We had a lower-level room with a deck that went straight out to the beach. The water was calm and it had the prettiest turquoise-blue color. I even saw a huge starfish when I was playing in the water! The resort staff was extremely attentive and we spent a good bit of time getting to know them which made our stay even better. It was such a relaxed atmosphere, it was very easy to make friends with other guests as well.

Overall, the accommodations were okay - the room was clean and neat but the bathroom was definitely outdated and could use some new fixtures. We didn't spend much time in the room at all so we were able to deal with it.

The resort features an infinity pool, nearby bar and open-air restaurant. It was so pretty and very "tropical." The food was delicious and the presentation was even better. On Sunday nights, they have a live steele band play after dinner, so that is a treat too. I highly recommend getting the catamaran tour from Frenchie, who's on the beach in the morning time booking tours. We went on the Wadadli Cats boat ride and it was amazing - excellent food, snorkeling, tour commentary, and of course LOTS of rum punch!

The thing that I liked most about Coconut Beach club was that fact that it was physically tucked away between two huge landscapes on the beach side. This means that the beach was completely private to the resort. Only guests can get to the beach or else you'd have to come in by boat. We went during their "slow" season, so the resort wasn't at full capacity so there was lots of room to hang out on the beach and overall, it was pretty quiet.

I would love to go back and visit and I recommend that others go too. It truly is a gem and you come back wishing that you could have stayed for much longer. I'm trying to see if I can return next year! (Come out with more Groupons!)

Room Tip: I recommend getting ground-level rooms so you can walk right out to the beach without going around the entire resort. We lucked out having this type of room and it was very convenient and the view of the beach was phenomenal.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends