We stayed at the hotel in March and I thought this would not be a particularly easy review to write. Briefly, on arrival I found a number of niggles but on leaving we look back to one of our very best holidays, having relaxed and really enjoyed ourselves. This is a small hotel, the smallest we have stayed at, and this was noticeable on arrival. However, we also noticed how well maintained and clean the grounds were. (We also noticed the mongooses running freely.
When we arrived in our room we were pleasantly surprised by the size of both the bedroom and the bathroom. The balcony was a good size too, with 2 comfortable chairs. As promised in the brochure all rooms have a sea view. The niggles were all to do with the room. The furniture was tired and drawers did not run easily. The balcony was tired and in need of decoration. The wardrobe door did not slide properly and I felt it could come off. There was no table. But the worst was the shower could not be controlled and ranged from extremely hot to very cold when showering. On many occasions the water was just lukewarm. All this was, however, compensated by the best and most comfortable bed and pillows we have ever had in a hotel. A bed you could get lost in. A We experienced perfect night's sleep for the whole 2 weeks. There was more than adequate drawer space and the wardrobe was large enough to take all our hanging clothes and had plenty of hangers. The niggles quickly paled to insignificance, especially as we spent very little time in the bedroom. The room was kept immaculately clean with maid service every day.
The beach was perfect and used mainly by guests, although all beaches are public there were few others using it except when there visitors from cruise liners, but they were generally few. The sun loungers had seen better days but were comfortable and in good supply. The sea was safe and warm and ideal for swimming.The swimming pool was kept clean and free leaves etc..
The restaurant, bar area and TV lounge were also kept clean, tidy and comfortable. Whilst it is advertised as an all inclusive there were no snacks as such. However, you could always take something from the breakfast selection for later in the day !!. With the 3 meals a day and tea and cakes at 4 there was ample food. The breakfast buffet did suffer a little from a lack of variety but the food was hot, well cooked and plentiful. The lunch buffet offered a daily variety and again was well prepared well, hot and plentiful. The 4 course evening meal was always excellent and provided a good variety. In the 2 weeks we were there the evening meal was not duplicated. It was always well prepared and cooked and extremely tasty.
Final comments are for the staff team. Unlike big hotels you get to know them all very well. They are always exceptionally friendly, helpful and smiling and nothing was too much trouble for them. Whenever I wanted a coffee one was made for me, the room was kept immaculate, I had no complaints about the food and eggs were cooked to order. The bar was well run and offered a full range of drinks and cocktails all well made. The hotel grounds were kept clean and tidy and free from rubbish. Everyone made this holiday and it would not be fair to name only a few.
If I have any comments to make, and if the owners read this, it would be for coffee to be freely available all day (possibly in the TV lounge) and for nuts/crisps/nibbles to be available in the evening at the bar.
Lastly, be well prepared for the mosquitos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Beach Club is an affordable all inclusive resort also offering room only accommodations. We are a small, intimate and friendly and cater mainly to couples who want a quiet, restful and laid back Caribbean vacation. All rooms are beach front and include air conditioning, balcony with hammock and easy chairs, ceiling fan, fridge, bath and shower, hair dryer, coffee maker and telephone. Junior suites include dining facilities and kitchenette. Deluxe Suites have an extra bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Coconut Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Coconut Beach Hotel
- Coconut Beach Resort
- Coconut Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Coconut Beach Antigua