We had a thoroughly enjoyable stay for two weeks. The food was excellent, as were all the staff. Nothing was too much trouble to sort out any problems which arose, namely the air conditioning which was sorted out very quickly. Jahilda (at the bar could mix a mean cocktail), Bernadette, Clifton, Cotton, Mellanie to name but a few really looked after us so well during our stay. Renato, the General Manager, was often chatting to the residents and made you feel really welcome, which was a nice personal touch.
The sea could be a little rough at times, but generally was okay. It was great to see the cruise liners passing by our windows, almost every day, sometimes two or three a day.
The Virgins Ahoy trip is well worth going on as you are picked up directly from the beach. A thoroughly enjoyable day, sailing right the way around the island, an excellent lunch cooked on board by the crew and an open bar all day. Also the Land & Sea trip - a jeep safari in the morning, followed by a cataraman trip sailing up the west coast in the afternoon, where again the crew cooked us a great lunch onboard, stopping off for snorkelling on Cadde's Reef and later in the afternoon at Deep Bay for swimming.
Also, the Medicine Man nature walk is well worth the time but do make sure that you wear trainers or substantial shoes.
The sand flies were out in force during our stay so remember to take lots of insect repellent.
All in all a thoroughly enjoyable holiday which I would highly recommend. Would definitely like to go back to this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Beach Club is an affordable all inclusive resort also offering room only accommodations. We are a small, intimate and friendly and cater mainly to couples who want a quiet, restful and laid back Caribbean vacation. All rooms are beach front and include air conditioning, balcony with hammock and easy chairs, ceiling fan, fridge, bath and shower, hair dryer, coffee maker and telephone. Junior suites include dining facilities and kitchenette. Deluxe Suites have an extra bedroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Coconut Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Coconut Beach Hotel
- Coconut Beach Resort
- Coconut Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish
- Coconut Beach Antigua