Me and my, now husband spent 14 nights at Blue Waters in November and, wow, what an amazing time we had. We chose Blue Waters as our destination to get married at with the added bonus of having our honeymoon there too. We had not been there or anywhere like it before but the website made it look just perfect. There was no need to worry or stress with Mandie the wedding co-ordinator taking care of us and co-ordinating our photographer, cake, flowers, dinner, Minister, spa treatments and legal bits and bobs. Mandie will send you an information request form but if there is anything else you had always imagined at your wedding which isn't on the form, she will accommodate you. All of the staff are so friendly and make you feel like family which was nice considering we only took our parents with us to watch us get married. We can't wait to return for one of our anniversaries and to see everyone again!
On-resort recommendations would be to take a couple of kayaks out or let one of the water sports guys take you out on a sail boat and snorkel off Boons Reef. Also, having your evening meal in the wedding gazebo is so special, you must try it! We had ours in there after the wedding but you can hire it for the evening regardless of whether it is a special occasion. Cocktail recommendations would be the Pink Panther. Banana flavoured and pink! Amazing!
An off-resort recommendation would be to go to Shirley Heights (if you haven't heard of it yet, you will soon enough) on a Sunday as the sunset is spectacular and the music fantastic! Also, take a taxi to the cinema. It's such a different experience to going to the cinema in the UK...trust me, it's brilliant.
Our time at Blue Waters and our wedding was everything we had ever wanted AND MORE!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelbag, TravelUp and Holiday Gems so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish