So hard to know what to add to previous glowing reviews of Blue Waters, after our 7th trip. The joy is to be remembered and welcomed back by so many of the lovely staff, always taking the trouble to say hallo and to anticipate one’s needs and preferences. Great to see so many familiar faces. Manager Andy Howard is often to be seen, leading by example, and giving a personal touch to the treatment of individual customers. In many other places, the appearance of the manager means something’s up that needs to be fixed – but not here.
The public areas are now fully refurbished and very elegant, though some of the rooms are seeing a bit of wear and tear. And they still have those crazy clock radios that stop with every power cut (almost as regular as clockwork this time – a couple of seconds outage between 8.00 and ten past every morning) and that seem impossible to set to show the right time. Weird, but maybe not something to worry about when you’re on holiday!
The gardens are especially magnificent this year, overflowing with bougainvillea and hibiscus; the only annoyance being the new slope, presumably for buggies or other wheeled chairs or carts, down the stairs to the ‘beach pool’, because it prevents use of the handrail by those like myself that have mobility difficulties with steps. Perhaps a new rail on the other side would help, and indeed a metal rail like the one on the central pool would improve the steps into and out of the pool itself.
The three restaurants are better than ever, with more nights open at Bartleys and the Cove, providing a wider range of options, so more choice of local or international menus. Breakfast is always superb.
Like many other visitors we recognised, we’ll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish