Wedding on 28th May 2008.
We arrived at Bluewaters Hotel in Antigua and straight away loved the feeling of the place. We booked our wedding with Carrier and we were greeted at the airport by a representative and driven to the hotel by Limo!
The hotel was absolutely lovely, everything we hoped and the hotel looked like the photos in the brochures if not better in real life. The people were ever so friendly and glad to help anyway they could.
Our deluxe room was lovely with fantastic views of the ocean and the wedding gazebo.
Our wedding co-ordinator Makeeba was fantastic throughout, she was extremely patient and very helpful. Our minds were put at ease straight away, we didn't feel the need to worry about any of the arrangements. In our meeting we chose the flowers we wanted and were able to pay for extra flowers for our bridesmaids we had 6! For our 7 year old bridesmaid Molly we were able to have a basket of flowers. Makeeba organised the steel band, photographer and we chose to have a DVD, we are so glad we did it turned out wonderful. We had taken some of our own table decorations and settings over and explained how we wanted it set out. Makeeba even organised this for us. We had 25 Guests in total who all stayed at different hotels in antigua and came to Bluewaters on the 28th for the wedding. They were allowed in an hour before. We paid for all inclusive passes for all of our guests.
Before we got married we arranged for everyone to meet at Shirley heights the sunday before the wedding, we did this before we left England so everyone knew we were going to do this. We stayed on later than 7pm which is the time they say you should go back after the sunset which was gorgeous, but the reggae bands were brill later on we had a fab time! Watch out for the rum punches ha ha!
I was worried about my hair for the wedding so I had a trial hair up in the hotels salon, the young girl called Trisha was fantastic and done my hair beautifully.
We chose to have our ceremony at 4pm, the heat was okay at that time not as hot. A tip for the bride and bridesamaids put on lots of talc powder under your dresses. Avoid sweaty marks!
The ceremony was so beautiful and we were so lucky to have our family and friends there with us. My Bridesmaids led the way and me and my dad followed. It was a wonderful feeling walking down to the wedding gazebo with the sea around you, knowing that you were going to marry the man the you truly love!
My now husband looked very handsome and all the bridal party and guests looked fantastic. The steel band played as we walked down and played one love by Bob Marley which was lovely. They were great ,so glad we chose to have the steel band.
The gazebo had been decorated by flowers from the hotel grounds which looked gorgeous.
The words we spoke during our ceremony were so lovely and sincere with words that you could relate to. We didn't have a practise of the words before hand so we had to say them as we heard them which was abit surreal. But so glad we got the DVD so we could watch the ceremony and hear the words again.
The cake and champagne were nice and we were really impressed with the photographer. After the ceremony we had drinks in the top bar while the reception area was being set up for our BBQ. We had our reception at the infinity pool area which was kept separate for our wedding party. All our tables were arranged and set up as we had wanted, we were so pleased. It was gorgeous! we did our speeches before dinner and had the steel band play while we ate. The BBQ food was delicious.
With the pool area being by the beach if felt really special.
We Kept a space for dancing in the middle of the set up tables. We had our first dance down here which felt really romantic. Although we did take our own ipod and bose speakers with our own music. We had pre planned this which worked well.
We then moved up to the main hotel area where a fantastic band was playing, apparently they only play on the weds night and we were lucky enough to have had them the evening we got married.
The hotel staff were up dancing with us to some of the songs such as follow my leader. My husband and I, with our guests danced the night away and had a truly special Day! Our wedding was more than we could of dreamed of, and if we did it again it would have to be exactly the same. My husband and I didn't want the night to end.
My husband arranged with the maid to have our room decorated with flowers that was wonderful.
Our wedding photo's came after a couple of days with the DVD and we also bought the Bonus photo Disc which had all the photos on the photographer had taken.
Anyone getting married at Bluewaters should get very excited we loved every moment of it, and we will definately go back at some point to renew our vows!
All our guests had a wonderful time, thankyou to all the lovely staff at Bluewaters hotel. We loved Antigua and are so pleased we chose this wonderful place to be married!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Destinology, Priceline, Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish