Lovely small hotel with only 110 rooms approx. Staff were without exception all magnificent and could not have made the week we spent there any more comfortable. Managers were always having a chat and making sure everything was just so. 82% of the customers are British. The food is wonderful with plenty of choices and if you were taking children there was always something for them although it was mainly couples when we were there as the cricket was on, England v West Indies.
The hotel must be good we were staying with Sir Clive Lloyd, Ian Bishop, Wes Hall (famous legends of west Indies Cricket) and Brian Lara had dinner with them one night. There was a choice of two restaurants on the all inclusive plan and you could go to the third one and pay a little more, which we found no need to use in 7 days. The alcoholic drinks were served in abundance with many Western brands to choose from, the included red, white and rose wines were good Chilean and French, we found no need to use the wine list. This was unusual with other all inclusives we have been to that just serve local brands and poor wine, nothing like that here.
We stayed in a superior room , we wandered up to the top Cove Suites and I am certain if you could afford to stay there you would not be disappointed, the Villas looked incredible from the outside, will have to save up for next time there.
Watersports were included, sailing, wind surfing, kayaking, snorkeling gear. Lots to do outside the hotel if you wanted, I would say if it is your first time here the Pelican Tour was a great way to see the Island, there were numerous boat trips if that is what you like and as the Island is small the transfer times are short, with some picking up from the beach. It was only 15 minutes from the tiny airport ( building a new terminal now).
Only two minor faults, one was that our room was tired and in need of renovation, which we undertand they are in the process of carrying out as a lot of people has newly refurbished rooms, we had no reason to complain as it was still clean and spacious and they could not give everyone a newly renovated room, fair enough. We will request one when we go next time.
The Palms restaurant could also do more to keep birds out with nets or something similar, you could not leave you table unattended unless you wanted birds drinking and eating from your plates and glasses at breakfast and lunchtime, no problem in the evening. The food was all covered well but the serving spoons not so and birds were often sitting on them and eating off them, we took our own cutlery to use to put some foods on our plates.
It might be a good idea to not only feed the birds outside the restaurant ( which the Hotel did but not with enough food and not for long enough) this did keep them out to a certain extent. But a bird bath would be a good addition so the birds did not need to drink from the tables.
Beach is small but very, very clean and water fantastic, pools are also clean and great but we found the sea slightly warmer, you could go a long way out in your depth as well, some days I could walk out 50 metres into the sea. There was nearly always a nice breeze around, even into the night. Plenty of sun beds and shades, some people still put towels out early but unless you wanted a specific place there was no need. It was against hotel policy but was not enforced.
It is by no means cheap to stay here but we shall be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish