After reading one of the more recent reviews on Blue Waters that gave the hotel a 1* rating we were a little concerned as to the standard we would find. We did not need to be, it is a lovely hotel built in plantation style. The rooms are not plush and a little shabby in places but the feel of Blue waters is relaxing and calm. The staff are typical of the Carribean so service is slow and steady but the more we chatted to the staff the more friendly they became, the food was good and the cocktails fab. I would recommend all inclusive as it could work out quite expensive to be on any other board basis as the hotel is a residential area so not within walking distance of restaurants etc.
We arrived before half term and the hotel was only 2/3 full but we will take our children back there as the bay is good for swimming and the non-motorised water sports that are included.
The only negatives I can give the hotel are the water in the bay is cloudy compared to other Carribean Islands we have been too and there are lot of mosquitos so take the strongest spray you can!
Overall the hotel is a very good 4*, not a 5 and there isn't a spa as we had been told. This did not spoil our holiday in any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish