Stayed here a few weeks ago with my wife on a 2 week vacation:
Overall I thought this was a really nice resort with superb staff who try hard to make sure you have a good holiday.
Locationwise it is good. 15 mins from airport and with a private beach with lovely white sand and clear blue water.
The hotel itself has some great swimming pools with pool bars and a nice bar atached the hotel itself. The restauarants are good, too. You can book the Cove, which overlooks the ocean, a day in advance. It seemed to be open about 4 nights a week. Bartleys seemed to be open a few nights a week, too, and this is bookable a day in advance also. The main restauarant, The Palms, is a la carte and open 7 nights a week. They do a BBQ every few days (lunch or dinner) which was great with lots of fresh fish.
We were based in the '1 block' at one end of the complex. The rooms were comfortable and relatively basic and cleaned to a very good standard by housekeeping every day. Our initial room had an adjoining door and we could hear everything from next door (normal noise like kettles being boiled and talking etc) so got moved to one without an adjoining door. This was much better and the front desk were ok about it.
The thing that really makes this place is the staff. There are so many to mention but Andy the manager is a good guy. In the restauarnats and bars Andre, Paulette, Shane, Melecia, Pearl, Delisa, Jenny, Sheneke, Emmanuel, Rosamund and Romaine spring to mind but there are so many staff it is hard now to remember all their names. All lovely people. Jason on the travel desk was really helpful and well mannered and a pleasure to deal with.
Special mention must go to Jason, the Head Chef. I've never seen anyone work so many hours every day. He must work around 16 hours a day and is extremely welcoming to all the guests, taking time out of his day to come over and speak to you on a 1:1 basis. He is always dreaming up new ideas for the menu too, which is great. Eating the same food every day for a few weeks could get quite boring but this wasn't the case here. The variation on the menu was great and his beef wellingtom was superb (better than what we had at the savoy grill before we left)
There was some building work going on in the 2 block, next to us, which was very noisy. We spoke to the desk and they were great about it too, ensuring the work started a bit later in the morning and offering to move us. We had moved once so didn't want to move again. The manager sent us some canapes and champagne as a gratuity for inconvenienc was which a really nice touch.
Overall this is a great resort with great people and you could do a lot worse.We thouroughly enjoyed our stay and would go back again if we were to visit Antigua.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the North West Corner of Antigua where crystal clear waters lap onto secluded white sand beaches, Blue Waters Resort offers an island paradise. From your personal welcome, complete with cooled scented towel and rum punch, you will realise you are our valued guest. Featuring small secluded beach coves, seven freshwater pools and 17 acres of lush tropical gardens, Blue Waters provides the ideal setting for relaxing days by the pool or on the beach, cocktail in hand, or for reading a good book in the shade of the swaying palm trees. Having gently evolved and constantly improved over 50 years we offer a range of luxuriously appointed rooms to meet the needs of our guests, from hillside rooms in a garden setting to beachside rooms with renowned spectacular ocean views. For the more active guest we offer complimentary watersports, tennis and a newly refurbished gym. Our recently opened Elemis Spa and Hair Salon with its stunning ocean views provides a perfect setting for a pampering treatment or as part of a wedding package. Finish the day off dining at one of our 3 restaurants, each with a different ambience to suit your mood. Our staff is ready and waiting to welcome you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Waters Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Waters Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Blue Waters St Johns
- Hotel Blue Waters
- Blue Waters Hotel Antigua
- Blue Waters Antigua Saint John Parish