Blue Waters Antigua
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
    Good 3.5/5
    • Breakfast included
    Trade Winds Hotel(St. John's)
    Great 4.5/5
    Excellent 5/5
    Antigua Village(St. John's)
    Very Good 4/5
    Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)
    Great 4.5/5
    • Restaurant
    Coconut Beach Club(St. John's)
    1,963 results
    All reviewscove restaurantcove suitepelican barrock cottagepelican housebartleys restauranthillside roomchampagne breakfastall inclusive planwedding gazebosorbetwedding co ordinatorall inclusive optionthe main hotelinfinity poolcold towelsrum punch
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 6 August 2014

Outstanding Hotel & they have the friendliest Staff we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. We got married here and were looked after brilliantly. When speaking to people at the resort you'll notice people on their 5th 6th even 7th return -it's that good!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
    6  Thank Owain J
    BWTeam, Manager at Blue Waters Antigua, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at Blue Waters, and that the resort's facilities and level of service were of an impressive standard.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just about every other reviewer has said it already - the staff are simply fantastic and really make the place perfect, they are all so genuinely friendly that it is hard to pick out any one specific (although we have a few favourites!).
    The food is generally excellent. We have eaten mostly at the Palm (you pay extra for Bartleys and the Cove if you are on the All Inclusive tariff - although the menu is fairly similar). Unlike many All Inclusive hotels even the named liquors are included so very good.
    Rooms are spacious and well appointed. Mini-bar is regularly restocked and us also included in the All Inclusive tariff - another welcome surprise!
    Shirley Heights tour is well worth the effort on a Sunday night but the shuttle bus brings you back just as the party is getting into full swing so do consider a taxi instead. It is NOT 30 minutes despite what you might be told, we took a good 50 minutes there and back.
    If diving look up Paul at Jolly Diving at Jolly Harbour. Taxi is around $30 but he and his team are great. Plenty of sharks, rays and the odd turtle to seek out.
    Would definitely recommend Blue Waters and Antigua in general. Lovely island, people and hotel....

Room Tip: Beachfront deluxe rooms have an uninterrupted view of the sea, but are not actually on the beach (you may also be first floor which I would suggest is probably better than ground floor - better view and less likely to have heavy footed neighbours overhead!)
    • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
    7  Thank Simon-n-Gina

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at Blue Waters.

We would just like to point out that guests staying on the all inclusive basis at the hotel will not have to pay extra to eat in Bartley's, and have a $50 voucher (per person) when dining in the Cove restaurant.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've stayed here a few years ago and was impressed then. Returning on my own on a business trip is not the best way to get the best out of the hotel. I say this as I was at meetings and not in the hotel where I wanted to be. The room was spacious and very comfortable. I had a sea view with a pool outside. The service is very professional and courteous. They are extremely well trained. I had room service several times and ate the the restaurant overlooking the sea. All fantastic. I'll be back but will stay longer and no meetings!

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool
    • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank NeilKeeling

Reviewed 2 August 2014

As you can easily see from the pictures this place is gorgeous and well maintained. So many other reviews talk about the wonderful service and the friendliness of the staff. It’s all true. I will try to stick to practical info in this review – what I would want to know before committing money to a place.
    We stayed in the Cove Suites (Building 3), which was the furthest from the main lobby. I liked the privacy and quietness of this building, but basically buildings 1-3 are the same and 4 is furthest back so you will have the view of the other buildings in front of you instead of the beautiful blue waters – felt happy with our location upon seeing that. I spoke to other guests and a family stayed in 100 block said it was gorgeous but the sound of the ocean affected their sleep – a good problem to have I thought. I imagined I would have found it relaxing.
    We did the Bed and Breakfast plan, which was ideal for us. Actually we thought it was a better value because unless you are big drinkers you would probably spend less even if you ate all your meals at the hotel. I noticed there were added charges for top shelf liquor and for eating at “The Cove”, which we would have incurred because when we do drink we prefer certain brands. Coming from the US, restaurants all over Antigua tend to be fairly pricey even by NYC standards that being said it wasn’t completely outrageous. It’s all relative.
    There were plenty of great meals to be had all over the island. Coconut Grove is where my wife said she had the best lobster (I actually thought the best one she had was at “The Cove”), The Larder serves a large variety of food including Sushi which was a good change of pace, Hemmingway’s in St. John’s is a great place especially during Carnival for its excellent seating above the action – great food and drinks too. Le Bistro is old school French food that was a bit stuffy, but overall a great experience (Three words – Banana Cream Pie!). I recommend you get out and explore! Although, the breakfasts were excellent and we didn’t eat lunch often but that ones we had were all good.
    We also did the Sunday party at Shirley Heights. Since it was on the south part of the island a taxi was pretty expensive. Luckily for us we found our cove neighbors and another family to share a large minivan and it was less than half the cost. It was also a great way to get to know people – we had a blast with beautiful views, good fairly priced beers and drinks, tasty BBQ and great music and dancing. One of the best times I had on vacation. Make friends and share costs – great way to do things.
    We also booked an excursion on a Wadadli Cat for sailing, snorkeling, lunch and relaxing. One of the best parts was when most of the others in attendance were dropped off at Jolly Beach and we had the boat to ourselves for the next hour since Blue Waters is the last stop. Great experience!
    All staff is friendly and provide great service, but I will relay two incidents that shows you the level of their commitment. The first night I wound up having a major migraine headache and we forgot to pack anything that could help. The gift shop was now closed so my wife spoke with the concierge, Gwen who told us that the hotel can’t dispense any medicine (understandable, why would a hotel expose themselves to a liability even for giving out aspirin), but told her where to go to purchase. Upon seeing my wife’s apprehension in going out in a taxi alone Gwen took her in own car. She would not accept any money for her time or fuel. Gwen is a concierge that is world class and a true gem for Blue Waters. Never in all my travels have we experienced such kindness and caring for our well-being (Thank you so much again, Gwen!).
    The second incident is during breakfast – I wanted some plain yogurt to finish my meal there was no more in the case. I asked one of the staff and we were waiting a bit for it to come. Andy, The Gen. Manager, as he usually does, was walking around and I mentioned jokingly about the yogurt situation. He said he would look into it and returned personally with a plate and two containers of yogurt. He could have easily delegated this to someone on his staff, but it just speaks volumes about how much they truly look after you and provide some serious personal attention to your needs.
    Before I booked, I was on the fence about a resort that allows children, but found there was no need for concern. It must be the type of people this place attracts because all the children there were extremely well behaved, pleasant and fun to be around. They were more mature than many friends my age! lol (The vast majority of guest were from the UK I didn’t meet any other American guests during our stay – I don’t know if this has anything to do with it). (Big shout out to George and Will – if we could’ve been guaranteed our kids would turn out like these two we would’ve had kids! So great meeting you guys and your awesome parents.)
    There were a couple of issues to report – all relatively minor. The AC at night seemed non-existent, but I find this at most resorts and hotels. Usually during the days the rooms are freezing cold when you are not in them – it doesn’t make too much sense to me because I would rather have a nice cool, comfortable room to sleep in. Gwen, upon check-in, said if we had any issues with the AC we should call her instead of trying to adjust it ourselves.
    I also would have preferred the beach pool (with Carolyn’s bar) to have a deeper section. This was a great place to be to listen to the beach and you could easily take a dip in the ocean or the pool, but it was a little too shallow for my liking.
    Our last complaint was my wife calling the front desk at 7:30 am asking for a golf cart (buggy) to pick us up at 9:30am to bring our luggage to the lobby and we would have time to eat breakfast, check out and depart to the airport at 10:30am. We called a second time at 9:35 and the girl at the front desk thought we wanted it at 10am. We called yet again at 9:45 and the front desk was “surprised” it wasn’t there already. We waited five more mins and took our own luggage to the lobby, which is a far walk from Cove suite 3. This was a major aggravation to have on check out. I still find myself getting angry thinking about it, but fortunately the rest of the trip was so overwhelming positive!
    This is the kind of place that guests return to again and again. In fact one person said they have been there 5 times and this is the best experience they had so far. In his assessment it just keeps getting better and better – I can see why. The management is very hands on and seems to constantly making adjustments and improvements.
    Also I recommend booking through a competent travel agency. We choose Tripguy.com again – Mitch is top notch and I swear he never sleeps! Always responding promptly to my emails day or night. I also feel you get better service or an upgrade if available when booking through an agency where both the resort and agent have a mutual beneficial relationship. Mitch at Tripguy.com helped arrange champagne and treats on check-in as well as a “in-room champagne breakfast” to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary.
    That’s my review – the great, the good and slightly negative. Now stop reading and just go to this fabulous place to have an amazing vacation!

Room Tip: Cove Suites - Quiet and Private. Rooms in 100 block seem like a great view!
    • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
    28  Thank Mike S

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here in June and had a fantastic time. Decided to spend a little extra and stay in the Cove Suites. Would absolutely recommend it-a beautiful infinity pool which we had pretty much to ourselves most of the time. Lovely big bathroom and bedroom. All the shower products are Elemis which makes a change from the cheap alternatives!
    The main feature however was the staff-the most friendly and helpful that we have ever come across. Our concierge Gwen was amazing as were all the staff. The restaurants were great and The Cove has a stunning location by the sea front. We did the boat trip to Barbuda and would recommend sea sickness tablets as a really rough ride! Also used the Elemis spa which was fantastic. Great for both families and couples.

Room Tip: Cove suites great as long as don't mind not being close to beach or main hotel. Higher floor would give better sea view.
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
    4  Thank Mellow009

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the resort's facilities and service did not disappoint you.