City View Hotel & Restaurant
Siboney Beach Club(St. John's)
US$221
US$214
US$315
US$229
US$194
US$185
US$436
US$392
Ocean Point Resort & Spa(St. John's)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$175
Antigua Village(St. John's)
US$176
Hotwire.com
Jumby Bay Island(St. John's)
US$1,842
No availability for your dates from our partners
Coconut Beach Club(St. John's)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2007

I have been to many hotels in this beautiful island and trust me they were great meaning food, price,service everything but one thing made me wonder. City View Hotel. This hotel is the worst hotel to ever go in Antigua. It is very expensive nd it is not worth it. Management does not even make a difference bcuz one of the receptionists tried to give me a helping hand and management fired her. The rooms are large but the tv is really small and far away from the bed. The food on a scale from 1-10 is about 4, the room smelt like hogs feet and i felt like i had just wasted my money there. I stayed there for two nights and then i left. You would hear staff members gossiping your business to other guests and other staff members. this is really ridiculous and trust me I will be back in Antigua as I go there every year but to City View? Never again. They have vagrants staying in the front of the hotel, look it is not a nice to stay. If you have to plz stay at another hotel where you will feel more at home and as a regular visitor to antigua there are many many many other hotels to choose form than city view hotel.

Stayed: April 2007
5  Thank Antiguaisthebest
Reviewed 22 October 2006

I was forced to stay at City view when weather delays caused me to miss my LIAT (Leave Island Any Time) airline connection back home. I didn't expect much from LIAT but this was really bad. The rooms were spacious and clean however they were old, worn, and dark. There were no toiletries. The night I stayed there were several floods in the building. The towels were dingy, the sheets were thin and itchy, I had to beg to get a remote for the tiny TV, I was unable to make phone calls from my room, the AC emitted a musty odor. I just felt so uncomfortable that I was not able to sleep all night.

The service in the small resturant was horrible. I recognize that the one waitress was overworked as there were several very angry people who had missed their flights and ended up in this dump. The waitress was rude at times and it took 45 minutes for me to get a bowl of soup and a glass of wine. If left to me my nex t trip to Antigua will not involve City View. To put the icing on the cake, as I waited right in front of the hotel the next morning for a taxi back to the airport, a big rat ran frighteningly close to my foot. Good thing I was on my way out.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank barl16
Reviewed 30 May 2006

We(my boo and I) stayed here for six nights and I will never stay here again. Before check in we always ask for our total bill and was quoted one price, then to our surprise at four thirty in the morning when we needed to check out we had to pay a total of over two hundred US$ more that we had been told, there was nothing we could do at that time in the morning because we had to get to the airport so we paid it. We expected to have to pay an extra sixty US because even though there is a stove in the room it is only available for use if you pay US $10 a day extra, I took this into account and still cannot figure out where the extra 200 dollars came from. Then there was the smell, like old, wet leather shoes, I complained and the housekeeper tried her best to mask it but to no avail. The rooms are big but that is about the only plus as the tv is so small and so far away from the beds that I had to be constantly moving it and the lighting in the room left a lot to be desired, it was just too bim, if there had been a bulb in the centre of the ceiling it would have made a lot of difference but the only lights in the room were in the corners(how stupid is that?) anyway Antigua is a beautiful island and I will be there again on June 1st for 1 week, I will definately be staying at another hotel this time around, however.

• Stayed: April 2006
9  Thank Trinesha
Reviewed 19 May 2006

This hotel is at the top of the city overlooking the sea and offers a great view especially from the restaurant on the top floor.
the rooms are extremely spacious with air conditioning and a small kitchen area should you wish to keep your expenses down.
i have stayed here a few times, and was pleasently surprised that they remembered me from my first visit 18 months prior, i have found the staff to be very helpful and friendly
they also have a gym which is outside so does not take long to build up a sweat!
there are also washing machines to keep the washing down while you are away with change available at reception.
for those wishing to sit by the pool all day sorry there is not one at the hotel but the sea is in view, but you will have to travel for the beach by a short taxi ride.
however the town centre is only on your door step with all the duty free shops by the cruise terminal only a 2 minute walk away.
summery for business this hotel is greatly located in the centre but for vacation you may wish to choose one by the beach

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled on business
5  Thank caribglobetrotter
Reviewed 5 March 2006

Not too exciting in decor, but it catered for a business visitor to the simple Antiguan capital. Their breakfast was GREAT, was that really continental? The rooms were spacious, GOOD HEAVENS you can play some soft ball cricket in my room, it was big, hence the TV was a good distance away. The staff were all great and as a West Indian, I can relate to the common thread of "my people". The Internet was reasonably fast & Free (I saved there) since I have to be online quite alot.

To cut a long story short, the HOTEL is cool, and please ask for BARRY the reliable TAXI driver

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business