My wife and I just returned from five nights at Siboney Beach, which for us was close to perfect. We've done a number of Caribbean holidays, but never had better value for money.
The hotel is fifteen minutes from the airport on a long clean beach with a number of condo communities and hotels (Sandals being the largest), bars and restaurants, and a few shops. The hotel is small, fewer than twenty rooms, and not luxurious but comfortable and charming. The other guests were generally British and older, with 1-2 young families and us (middle-aged New Yorkers). The beach and tropical garden were beautiful and well-kept. The staff was courteous and helpful.
The rooms (separate bedroom and living/dining room) were clean and the kitchen had everything we needed, including a few specific groceries we requested. Our room was on the top floor overlooking the tropical garden and each morning we took our coffee on the balcony and watched birds flit about in the trees. The balcony was shaded and comfortable at any time of day.
We really liked the food at the Coconut Grove restaurant, located onsite right on the beach. Wonderful fish, pumpkin soup, etc. There was a happy crowd at the bar every evening. The other bars on the beach were also nice. We took the hotel's advice and tried Cecilia's (absolutely wonderful) and Papa Zouk's (also liked), both a short taxi ride away.
While highly recommended for more laid back and casual travelers, a few things might bother more particular guests. There is no fitness center (we and others jogged along the salt pond behind the hotel). The wifi worked fine on our balcony but was spotty in the room. Also a screen popped loose in our bedroom one night, which we didn't notice until mosquitoes woke us. Still, for the money and our tastes, close to perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, romantic, all suites hotel set in a fabulous, bird and flower filled, tropical garden, on the sheltered mile long white sand beach of Dickenson Bay. A tranquil hideaway for the discerning, independent, traveler looking for excellence in Caribbean hospitality and 'home away from home' comfort.Palms grow through the roof of the award winning Coconut Grove Restaurant where a ribbon of sand separates the dining tables from the blue Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, West Indies, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Siboney Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siboney Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Siboney Beach Hotel
- Siboney Beach Resort
- Siboney Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish