Having just returned from Siboney, i can assure you that if you enjoy fighting for a chair on the beach, having a mass of people all around you, hearing the non-stop pitching of the hawkers, and the annoyance of conforming to a resort-lifestyle, then the Siboney Beach Club is not for you.
The previous reviews basically sum up what my family enjoyed while staying with Mr. J at Siboney.
We were all treated more like visiting family, than occupants of a room in their hotel.
From Karl, Ulysses and Jerome on the grounds, Tamu, Sonia and the office staff, Lena and Carolyn in housekeeping...each made our stay extremely enjoyable.
When i asked for a fan for the living room where my kids were sleeping, they got one right away. There was no need too small for them to happily attend to. The staff will go out of their way to accomodate any reasonable request.
Each was met with a "can-do" attitude, yet with a style that kept the vibe of the hotel laid-back, relaxed and accomodating.
The pictures that you'll see on the reviews don't do the spot justice either...i'll only say that you'll find this a romantic, quiet haven from the rucus just down the beach. My personal favorite acitivity was having my morning coffee on the beach, underneath the palms and sea-grape trees, watching Sandals workers crowding their stretch of the beach with enough crap to accomodate the packed-in crowd. Their beach's only shade was from the few umbrellas that were plunked into the sand.
My kids enjoyed the pool as much as the ocean, it's wonderfully kept, and the beautiful grounds offer a nice respite from the sun and the beach.
People to encounter while staying there, Victor the "bead-man", Marvelous Marvin, Jenny, Jermaine and Gail at Coconut Grove, and go see Ashton at Dive Antigua for the best dive guide on the island.
If you really need a lot of commotion around you, and you need to be herded into planned activities, this place is not for you.
but, if you'd like a small slice of solitude to escape the typical resort zaniness, while still having all the acitivities close at hand...then the Siboney Beach Club is the place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate, romantic, all suites hotel set in a fabulous, bird and flower filled, tropical garden, on the sheltered mile long white sand beach of Dickenson Bay. A tranquil hideaway for the discerning, independent, traveler looking for excellence in Caribbean hospitality and 'home away from home' comfort.Palms grow through the roof of the award winning Coconut Grove Restaurant where a ribbon of sand separates the dining tables from the blue Caribbean Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, West Indies, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Siboney Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siboney Beach Club Hotel St. John`s
- Siboney Beach Hotel
- Siboney Beach Resort
- Siboney Beach Club Antigua/Saint John Parish