We booked because it looked like good value for money. We wanted to be close to a beach but intended to do a lot of exploring (for which a car is essential). We deliberately chose to avoid a resort. The cottages far exceeded our expectations. Lovely setting, warm welcome. The rooms were spotless, comfortable and well equipped. We cooked a few meals in which can make for a more relaxed and economical holiday. The balconies were charming. The air con was nice at night. The reception was always open and helpful. The Rex resort is 50 yards down the hill on the way to the beach (we hired our car from there, Clarissa, as laid back as it comes). Supermarket 5 mins drive away. If, like us, you want a friendly and comfortable base to explore the island then we thoroughly recommend Dickenson Bay Cottages. We are going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dickenson Bay Cottages is an exclusive development offering elegance and intimacy. The Suites are set in tranquil tropical gardens around an inviting and very private swimming pool. Fully equipped with every modern amenity and catering for couples and families alike the accommodation is practical and extremely flexible. Just a short walk from one of the islands premier beaches with its water sports, restaurants and bars. "Arguably the best self catering accommodation in Antigua" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Dickenson Bay Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dickenson Bay Cottages Hotel St. John`s
- Dickenson Bay Cottages Antigua/Saint John Parish