“Wonderful Welcome Wonderful Food”
Review of Papa Zouk

Papa Zouk
Ranked #5 of 102 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
South West London
“Wonderful Welcome Wonderful Food”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Not knowing what to expect we were dropped at the door by the islands best driver 'Mr Cool' and were warmly welcomed and seated at a table inside, only to see a sign -no credit cards- after the mild panic of not having enough cash, we looked at the menu wondering what to have, no need to worry we went totally on the suggestions given to us .
Tappas plate and bouabais both delicious and then the seafood mixed plate - butter fish & mahi mahi out of this world.
Don't leave the island before dining here!
And if your a rum drinker you won't be disappointed

• Visited January 2014

Tortola, British Virgin Islands
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I had dinner here just after the holidays with my husband and my parents. We were able to get a table in short notice on a Friday night. For libations, I had the rum punch as did my parents. It is quite strong but very tasty. For starters, my dad and I had the crab backs. We were told that the crab was from Dominica. While it would have been nice to have had Dominican crab backs anywhere outside of Dominica, that simply was not true and in fact it is impossible to export crab backs out of Dominica. So says my dad who is from Dominica. Anyway, we had the crab, it was okay, it was good that we did not get our hopes up about being served crab from DA. The main course for my dad and I was a steamed butterfish. It was delicious. My hubby and mom had whole panfried butterfish. My husband enjoyed it so much he ordered a second one. We waited for about 45 minutes for our dinner to be served. And during that time, other than our appetizers, there was no bread served. The waitress expressed surprise when I let her know this. She came back in no time with a bread basket but it was a little too late. Besides, it was obvious that the bread had been nuked in the microwave. It was not good. The final little let down was the fact that they still after all these years in business do not have credit card facilities. Cash or cheques only. A bit if an inconvenience in my opinion. All in all, we had a good time. The atmosphere is nice, the service is friendly. We were disappointed with the crab but the main courses made up for it to some extent.

Visited December 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“mean waiter, good fish”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We had a tasty meal of grouper and mahi here this week but would not return. The waiter was obnoxious, pushing an awful rum drink on us, and when I asked how the crab back was prepared, he said 'just eat it'. Could blame the attitude on his being really drunk.Neighborhood was scary. Not worth the trip when there are so many lovely restaurants in the area.

• Visited December 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best lobster ever !”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

the only negative i have is we found this place on the last night of our holiday.
great rum punch, and lobster to die for at very reasonable prices. owner and staff were lovely.
highly recommended.

• Visited November 2013
“Best lobster in Antigua”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Taken there by Sylvester Scotland, the most informed taxi driver in Antigua. Recommended by Paul of Jolly Divers. Grilled mahi mahi was magic and lobster was FRESH!!!!!!!! Going back Friday

• Visited September 2013