“Great food, great value. The rum tea was awesome!”
Review of Papa Zouk

Papa Zouk
Ranked #5 of 104 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Great food, great value. The rum tea was awesome!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

If you don't eat fish this isn't the restaurant for you ... although they will prepare a bbq chicken dish if you don't like fish.

los angeles
“Buillabaisse to die for!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Burt is a german ex pat, an antigua island celebrity. Everything he touches turns to gold. The wife and I came to Papa Zouk here because of trip advisor reviews. Burt sat down at our table, giving us a warm welcome and explained that he prefers to not be called a restaurant, but a "rum shop" with the worlds largest rum collection that serves excellent food. Unfortunately I am a chemo patient and much of my food tastes like card board. Burt highly recommended his bouillabaisse and he was spot on, it tasted fantastic. As the germans say..., Ooooh Das Schmeckt! I opted for the lobster, fish and shrimp dish and the wife who is a vegetarian had fish and salad. Burt is a former weight lifter, and business entrepreneur. He owned 5 dive shops in dominica. He entertained us with a story of hosting arnold and maria schwarzenneger on their honey moon in antigua. No one thought that that marriage would have lasted. Burt owns a lovely home overlooking english bay. I wish I had my health back as I really miss drinking my beer. Thanks burt for having us, you swept my wife off her feet! If you are in a rush, dont come here, but if you are looking for a wonderful experience and savor life, people, food and drink, this is your place.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank skykingd18
Ombersley, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a must go”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

A great atmosphere, food is amazing and Burt just makes you want to give it all up and be him cool dude and a very cool place

Visited April 2014
1 Thank sedwards0
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great lobster- great rum!!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We were greeted by the owner, very welcoming. Had rum punch( tea) to begin with.
Good selection of rums however I stuck with dark rum punch- lovely.
Our party of six shared a creole type tapas of fish and chicken, and baked crab , lovely.
Some of us had lobster and prawns in a white wine sauce , tasty fresh and a generous portion.one person had a whole lobster, again good sized lobster and the others had lobster in garlic butter. Delicious and all served with a side salad which was enough so you could really taste the freshness and flavour of the lobster.
A couple of us had Rum cake- yummy. We had more rum punches although there are beers if you wish to drink. Again there are lots of rums to choose from with varying prices!!
There is a shuttle bus to pick you up from outside the Epicurean supermarket and drop you back , for a charge of $4 US person for the round trip.
I think we had the grumpiest taxi driver on Antigua for the trip home as he wanted to charge us more for dropping us back about 200 yards further!!!!!!!
We loved this restaurant as the food and atmosphere was great

1 Thank JRPFCFAN
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
“Lovely Friendly Restaurant”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The food was great, we had lobster and their special rum punch, which was lovely. They were very friendly and it was quite busy.

1 Thank Kim M