“A wonderful day to remember”
Review of Nicole's Table

US$110.00*
Coordinating Curries
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nicole's Table offers 2 types of cooking classes in Antigua: Caribbean "twist" classes for visitors and a FB Live "cooking club" (just to have fun experimenting with new recipes. Our Caribbean cookery classes twist local flavors with outside influences and include such titles as Cooking with Rum, Coordinating Curries, From the Sea, and All About Jerk... Come to our home in Antigua to learn how to cook with a Caribbean flair. Eat, drink, have fun and meet new friends while you enjoy a breathless view of the Caribbean Sea.
Reviewed 4 February 2014

In planning my trip to Antigua I kept coming across recommendations to take a cookery course. I googled and was taken with the site for Nicole's Table. Lucky me. Although Nicole was away at the time she replied promptly by email and from that point forward all the arrangements were clear and easy. It turned out that I was the only person booking that day and I was offered the chance to suggest the things I'd like to cook. I opted for traditional Caribbean dishes - the curry, roti etc that other reviews mention - with a special request for a pancake recipe. No trouble. Nicole pulled together the recipe and ingredients for banana fritters. Nicole and her assistant Connie were delightful and encouraging, but gave me some challenges too - that roti dough is (literally!) a handful. The house, the location and the cooking and eating combined to make a wonderful experience. I am a keen - but amateur -cook. I learned a lot but in a relaxed way. I held back on the rum punch before/during preparation (I've had slips with knives before!) but it was a great reward as we sat down to lunch on the terrace. I would like to return to Antigua and if I do another day at Nicole's Table would be on my list of things to do. The 4 hours flew by and I had cooked and eaten in style! I would say that course at Nicole's Table is a 'must do' for your time in Antigua.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you Tom. We'll always save a place at our table for you... and hold a little rum punch on the side as well!

All the best,

Reviewed 31 January 2014

We booked as a party of 4 and were joined by 2 others which is a good size group. Communication/booking from Nicole was great and instructions on how to find the house were clear too - it's up in the hills just outside St John's and has the most amazing views of the bay. When we arrived we were served some homemade rum punch which was delicious, and the menu's are listed out for you to look through. You cook as a group and all get a chance to have a go at preparing and cooking parts of the various dishes and you can ask as many questions as you like about local spices, tastes, ingredients, substitutes and why things are done in a certain way. I really don't like cooking but we had such an enjoyable afternoon at Nicole's. She and Connie are prepared, very clear with their instructions, both are both good fun and they're obviously very experienced cooks who enjoy sharing their knowledge of Caribbean food with everyone. Afterwards we sat down to enjoy the meal we'd made together and it was very tasty indeed. I couldn't believe I'd had a hand in making it because normally everything I touch in the kitchen turns into a disaster! I can't recommend this day highly enough - especially if you are a cook, my husband came home with lots of hints and tips to expand his repertoire. I thought that losing a day of my holiday to standing in someone's kitchen would be the last thing I wanted to do but I'm so glad we did this. One of the best days of our holiday.

Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Lindsay-

I am glad that you enjoyed cooking with Connie and me... especially given your stated dislike of cooking. Now, if you really want to have fun, maybe you should show Nathan up in the kitchen to give him a shock. ;-)

Would love to see you again,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We booked as a party of four and we're joined by another couple to take part in the combined curry cooking class. Communicated via email with swift responses ahead of our arrival in Antigua. Nicole and Connie guided us through making our desert first, coconut tarts followed by making the main chicken curry dish and spinach dish, we then went on to make rotti from scratch which was fun and even better once cooked. The course takes place at Nicole's home and we were all made to feel really comfortable and relaxed, an amazing home with views over the harbour. Nicole also sells some of the sauces so we managed to pick ups some homemade spicy sauce.
Sitting down and eating the meal you have just prepared was of course the highlight! Picked up some great tips and hints and some new recipes to take back home. All of our group really enjoyed the experience and would highly recommend to others. Thanks again Nicole and family.

Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Robert-

Glad you all had a wonderful time. I enjoyed hanging out with you and it was nice just relaxing on the verandah after we created the meal. Please let me know when you all hear about the show... maybe Nathan can throw some of his recipes my way (and vice versa). Finally, wish Joanna luck with the addition to your family.

Hope to see you next time you are in Antigua,

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I enjoyed a wonderful lunch, cooked by me and two other guests, at Nicole's Table. Curried chicken, roti, spinach with coconut milk, roasted pumpkin, coconut chips, and a delicious coconut cream tarte comprised the menu. Loved the experience and glad to finally know how to make a good Caribbean curry. This is a fun way to spend a day ... with Nicole and her chief Guyanese roti maker, Connie. The rum punch was an added delight.

Caribbean_Cooking, Owner at Nicole's Table, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

I do this work because of people like Karina and her husband. We had the best time from the point they arrived. They both dug in and helped create a wonderful meal. The only disappointment was when they left. And, for the record, they were the first visitors who brought their own bottle of wine with them for us! Wonderful!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I was so looking forward to this visit and I was was not in anyway let down. I felt so relaxed and learnt a great deal. It is a wonderful experience to be around a really lovely family who know how to cook and enjoy everything they do however little it appears. Thank you for a very enjoyable and interesting experience!