“Great caribbean lobster”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The lobster was pricey! but it's a whole lobster! My girlfriend and I split it and we had some leftover. Nice little place on a second floor with an open balcony, great breezes!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Great service, food and wine in a nice centrally located Caribbean gingerbread house in St John's. I go back when I can. Fresh seafood and excellent wine list. Friendly service, lots of atmosphere.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

After experiencing a number of the best restaurants in Antigua, we sought a different location to satiate one of our group members desire for the best lobster on the island - and our hotel manager called the owner of Hemingways to ensure they had great lobster as many other restaurants were sold out. Made us a reservation and we headed into downtown for dinner.

The establishment is an old hotel which has been converted to house many local businesses and Hemingways is on the second floor. Great wooden structure with views overlooking the downtown area. The cocktails were cold, fresh and strong and the menu had several alluring items.

Our party ended up ordering a grilled lobster tail, lobster flambe, and a special which contained a combination of pork, beef and chicken.

Food was amazing and ended up too full to eat everything, taking a nice big package home with us.

Great place to eat!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We had an espresso here and it has a lovely ambience. Not a great position mind, being on a scruffy street with scruffy views from the wooden balcony. But worth a visit, most definitely.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful lunch at Hemingways during our recent trip to Antigua. It was very quiet the day of our visit, as there were no cruise ships in port. I had a piece of red snapper which was cooked perfectly and one of the best pieces of fish I had during my entire visit. The server was pleasant and attentive. Looking forward to our next visit.

2  Thank Dawnieboy