“Good Local Spot”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Ate at Hemmingways's on our day touring the island and shopping in town. We enjoyed the "reality feel"as a change of pace from Sandals. The curried conch was delicious and a very generous portion. I also had the,seafood chowder which was good, but I expected a bit more zing, it was a cream base vs. tomato. Wadadli beer was cold and refreshing on a warm afternoon. Staff was very pleasant. I'd agree with the other reviews that it was a bit pricey, but they are leveraging their location across from the cruise ship shopping.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Very convenient location to the main part of downtown. Second floor restaurant with a nice view of the shopping district. The staff was very friendly and efficient; the food was OK, but nothing to rave about. Rather limited menu, with only one or two items that had a local flare to them.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Enjoyed a round if mid morning drinks, we had the lemonade and the guava juice. Lovely spot and a great breeze to cool us down. Staff were very welcoming, all things considered, we came back for lunch.
I'm pregnant and have had a hard time finding good wholesome food that I could stomach. The staff had no problem recommending a dish for me that wasn't on the menu. I had the best deep fried shrimp (which were massive) on a beef of garden salad with a gorgeous mango and pineapple dip. I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this and cleared every drop and crumb.
My husband had the conch curry with fries. Which was beautiful.
We both agreed it was the best meal we've had in Antigua yet!

Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We liked the overall look and feel of the restaurant! It was actually recommended by a couple people. We ordered iced tea and a water. Apparently waters are all bottled and iced tea does not come with refills. We ordered the grilled shrimp and Mahi. The shrimp came out in a bowl full of melted butter (not good, for us), and the fish, while very fresh and tasty, had a large quantity of. Rown, in it, that needed to be cut out. Overall, and average experience, and with so many other places, we'd definitely not be going back here.

1  Thank APreciousDragon
Reviewed 17 June 2014

After our excursion and before boarding our ship we stopped at Hemmingway's for a quick bite. My wife and I split Caribbean seafood chowder ($7.70 US) as well as one of the lunch entree (I believe it was the top crab or something to that effect but the lunch menu on the website is not showing at the moment). My wife ordered a local beer and I had an alcohol free pina colada. Everything we had was excellent and all in it was about $35 US. The service was the only thing that kept this from receiving a full 5 star review as our servers had very little personality and really acted like we were imposing on them by being there. Beyond that it was an excellent way to cap off a great day on the island of Antigua.

1  Thank magicandbird