“Great atmosphere...great food”

Big Banana Pizza
Ranked #12 of 118 Restaurants in St. John's
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: 'Pizzas', as it is affectionately known by locals has established itself over the last 30 years as a legendary Antiguan casual dining rendezvous and hot spot. It is rightly recognized for serving some of the best pizzas in the Caribbean and is renowned for it's great food featuring international favorites and locals specialities. The fun atmosphere and historic setting attracts both locals and visitors and over the years an impressive list of celebrities too. Located in downtown St. John's in the old rum warehouse at Redcliffe Quay, a visit to Big Banana Pizzas in Paradise is a must for visitors to Antigua. Open Monday to Saturday from 11.00 Am until late. Eat in, takeaway, delivery.
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I have been to Big Banana many times and I keep going. My last visit was 2 nights ago with 2 friends and we had the pan-fried mahi mahi, oriental and fried wings and the spicy chicken salad. The food was good for the most part, but the spicy chicken salad was kinda skimpy on dressing, corn and black beans, which is not usually the case. We sat outdoors and the atmosphere was really nice being able to see around the Quay. The service was noticeably good - pleasant staff and quicker than usual service. Of course, I will go again.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

I had the mango habanero wings...best I've had! Wife had roasted peppers/onions and sausage pizza...raved about it. Atmosphere was incredible in the outdoor area. Night time ambiance and kind staff made for an amazingly relaxing late night meal. We WILL be back in February 2013. Also had a couple of reasonably priced cocktails that were very yummy.

Date of visit: February 2012
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Apparently everyone thinks this place serves the best pizza- they are so wrong. The pizza is not great and it is pretty pricey. I also tried a caesar salad that ended up looking pretty sad- it was almost all white, hardly any green in it. I prefer my salad to actually be green so it was a huge disappointment for me.

Date of visit: December 2012
Reviewed 16 December 2012

During a recent vacation to Antigua we went to Pizza's in Paradise one early evening. There were not many diners around, but we were early - bout 6.30pm. The service was friendly and quick and the pizza was delicious and crispy. We ordered a 'small' pizza, but it was about 14" and was plenty for two people, we couldn't have managed a medium or large one. Would definitely go again if we visit Antigua in the future.

Date of visit: November 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I regularly go to Big Banana with my fiancee for a cheap night out which is hard to find in Antigua. Pizza and wings are great and you can sit inside the air conditioned part or in the semi outdoor part depending on your mood. This is a place that caters to locals though tourists will also be surprisingly pleased. Service could be a bit faster but the pizzas are worth it. The Mexican pizza is a must try.

Date of visit: October 2012