This was our second visit to the wonderful Galley Bay Cottages. After a great trip last year, we decided to come back for a longer stay this year, and we're very glad we did. Once again, we were enchanted by the secluded and lush setting and the amazing views. Hosts Natalie and Peter were as charming and helpful as ever, going above and beyond expectations to make us feel welcome and comfortable. The cottages are perfect for those who like to cook for themselves and are not seeking ultra-luxury accommodation (and prices). If you are looking for excellent value, privacy and charm, it's hard to do any better than this choice.
On this visit, we had the opportunity to visit more of Antigua's beautiful beaches -- Half Moon Bay, Deep Bay and Darkwood are especially recommended. We also loved the local tropical fruit and vegetables, and sampled fantastic jerk pork and chicken in St John's. If you like fancy boats, the yacht club at English Harbour is unsurpassed. We were fortunate to be there during the RORC 600 ocean race, and enjoyed being caught up in the excitement.
All in all, another memorable and fantastic vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galley Bay Cottages are four charming Caribbean cottages and a mediterranean style Villa located hillside, just steps from the beautiful white sands of Galley Bay beach on the northwest coast of Antigua. Built into the natural landscape of the hill, winding stone paths and steps lead through the property and take you to each of the four gorgeously secluded cottages. Wooden gingerbread cottages each with an ocean view, cool breezes and open layouts allow you to experience a uniquely Caribbean vacation.The shabby chic colonial interiors have been indiviudally decorated and furnished with an eclectic mix of European antiques, renovated finds and Caribbean art. Wonderful details like locally fired and hand painted tiles and face basins, four poster beds and wooden painted shutters are a delight for your eyes daily. Each unit is self contained with a fully equipped kitchen and all have amazing sea views, with private galleries perfect for relaxing day and night. Watch cruiseships entering and leaving St. John's Harbour and catch stunning sunsets while enjoying drinks and dinner al fresco. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Galley Bay Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galley Bay Cottages Hotel St. John`s
- Galley Bay Cottages Antigua/Saint John Parish