“Outstanding experience aboard the Hawnalea”
Review of Miramar Sailing

Miramar Sailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Miramar Sailing offers Private & Exclusive Day Sailing, Caribbean Sailing Holidays, and RYA Recognised training courses from its base in Jolly Harbour. Our private 47ft. Classic Ketch, "Hawnalea", with Captain Kevin and crew, will "Make Your Day Special". Hawnalea is not a "party boat" and she will be "yours for the day". She can accommodate up to 12 guests. Our monohulls "Miramar", "Phoenix" & "Danae", with Brian & Pippa, offer extended cruising holidays and RYA approved training, throughout the Caribbean for up to 4 guests or students.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My wife and I had the most incredible experience on the Hawnalea with Captain Kevin and his first mate, Akari. Captain Kevin's professionalism, extremely affable and generous character made the trip all the more enjoyable and we thoroughly enjoyed meeting him. The trip was expertly done, we had a wonderful day and I cannot think of enough superlatives to describe the day.

Thanks to Miramar Sailing for helping facilitate such a memorable and incredible experience for my wife and I; it was the highlight of our honeymoon. My compliments to Captain Kevin as well; he is a credit and exceptional asset to the company and any trip spent aboard the Hawnalea will most certainly prove to be a memorable and rewarding one.

1  Thank Daniel W
Miramarsailing465, Manager at Miramar Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear Daniel W,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. We are delighted to hear that your sailing trip with Captain Kevin and Acare was "the highlight of your honeymoon".
We agree that Captain Kevin certainly is a "credit and exceptional asset to the company". We are pleased you enjoyed his company and humour and much as we do in the office also!
Once again congratulations to you and your wife! We do hope you will return for your 1st Wedding Anniversary!
Best wishes from The Miramar Team

in 3 reviews
"skills"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Thank you Captain Kevin and first mate Acare for a memorable day aboard the Hawnalea. We had a great time and it was one of the highlights or our trip. The snorkelling at the reef and Turner beach were little slices of heaven :) Definitely a great change from just staying on the resort! We ended up taking a taxi to the west coast the following day. Spectacular views!
Thanks again, A, C, and L

Many thanks for adding your review to Tripadvisor, we really appreciate it. We just love your description of the snorkelling at Cades Reef and Turners Beach as being "little slices of heaven", how right you are! Antigua is as beautiful under the water as above!
Thanks again and we hope to see you in Antigua again. Best Regards from The Miramar Team!

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Antigua is a great place to sail and Miramar is the perfect school. The approach is friendly and flexible, the instructors have depth of experience and judgement to match. Each day is different and learning is hands-on at all times. I left with real confidence and a lot of happy memories. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Lovely cruise from Jolly Harbour for just the two of us. We had planned on a 3 day sailing course but our schedule did not work out. We had to get out on a sailboat somehow so Brian and Pippa worked it out and Capt Kevin and crew made it happen with style. The wind was steady and the sunset was beautiful. They provided cold drinks and a bottle of champagne for us. We brought our own sandwiches but they has a platter of finger food too! Make sure to bring a small camera, boat shoes, sunglasses, cap and plan for the wind to take it all from you. Got some nice pictures taken by the crew so we can remind ourselves of the great experience from our office desks. Will come back with our boys for more sailing with Capt Kevin and have Brian and Pippa train us for our certificate too!

Miramarsailing465, Manager at Miramar Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Such a shame that time didn't permit your sailing course on this occasion but we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your sunset cruise, Champagne and snacks with Captain Kevin. Do think of us when you're looking at the photos on your office desk and we look forward to you returning soon for that Sailing Course at Miramar Sailing School!
Thanks again & Happy Sailing from the Miramar Team

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I was one of the lucky students picked from the National Sailing Academy, to do the Day skipper practical that Mirimar Sailing was so generous to sponsor. And I must say it was an amazing experience. Pippa, my instructor had a great amount of knowledge and was very nice and friendly and I couldnt wait to set sail with her;she taught me alot ! My highlight of the course is when it was my turn to cook the dinner, I never really cooked that much before but with a little help from Pippa we made a wonderful pasta me nd my fellow crew mate Tony enjoyed !
Thanks again Brian and Pippa for a wonderful experience and for making me a Day Skipper and I will be coming back to further my knowledge on more advance courses and continue to persue my dream in be coming a Yacht Master and one day Captin of my own sailing vessel...

PipTheSkip, Owner at Miramar Sailing, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Hi Janield
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on your Day Skipper Course with us - it was a pleasure to sail with you and we wish you all the best in furthering your career in the yachting industry. We look forward to seeing you in the future when you are ready to move on to a higher level of qualification - keep us posted on your progress!
Regards