“Great time sailing with the Miramar sailing school”
Review of Miramar Sailing

Miramar Sailing
More attraction details
Owner description: Miramar Sailing offers Private & Exclusive Day Sailing, Caribbean Sailing Holidays, and RYA Recognised training courses from its base in Jolly Harbour. Our private 47ft. Classic Ketch, "Hawnalea", with Captain Kevin and crew, will "Make Your Day Special". Hawnalea is not a "party boat" and she will be "yours for the day". She can accommodate up to 12 guests. Our monohulls "Miramar", "Phoenix" & "Danae", with Brian & Pippa, offer extended cruising holidays and RYA approved training, throughout the Caribbean for up to 4 guests or students.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Orlando, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great time sailing with the Miramar sailing school”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I just wanted to thank Brian, Ian, and Pippa for an incredible three week journey aboard Miramar. The courses that I chose to enlist in were challenging, but amazing at the same time, and I learned so much in such a short period of time. The whole Miramar team were very professional and made my stay in Antigua one that I will never forget. I mostly wanted to thank Pippa for her patience and constant encouragement as I completed my Day Skipper Theory course. She is an amazing sailor and more so, an amazing woman. Thank you all for a great experience and I look forward to sailing with you in near future.

2 Thank MelissaandJakub W
Miramarsailing465, Owner at Miramar Sailing, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review - we had a great few weeks with you too!
Make the most of your new qualification & get out there sailing - keep up the mile building - hope to see you out here again one day!
Cheers
The Miramar Sailing Team

Lorgues, France
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great day out! Great Antiguan experience!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We had everything we had hoped for from our day out on Hawnalee, with Kevin and Cari. Everything from the exhilarating journey down to Cades reef, under full canvas, ot the excellent company and conversation with Captain & 1st Mate! Cari gave us a wonderful guided tour of the reef, with snorkel. The children will never forget the thrill of sailing under canvas, and Kevin's skill at the helm just made it all the more exciting. A memorable day! Hopefully, Kevin will remember what it takes to be a winner, next time he challenges me to a race back to the boat.
It's impossible to give anything but 5-stars here, but next time we hope the fishing equipment is working again.

Visited October 2013
Miramarsailing465, Manager at Miramar Sailing, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Anthony S,
Thank you so much for the review. So happy to hear that you "had everything you hoped for from your day out on Hawnalea". Even more happy to hear your children loved the thrill of the full sailing experience - young sailors in the making perhaps? We do hope you'll return to Antigua to sail with us again and sounds like Captain Kevin needs a re-match on that race!
Best Regards
The Miramar Team
South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding experience aboard the Hawnalea”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My wife and I had the most incredible experience on the Hawnalea with Captain Kevin and his first mate, Akari. Captain Kevin's professionalism, extremely affable and generous character made the trip all the more enjoyable and we thoroughly enjoyed meeting him. The trip was expertly done, we had a wonderful day and I cannot think of enough superlatives to describe the day.

Thanks to Miramar Sailing for helping facilitate such a memorable and incredible experience for my wife and I; it was the highlight of our honeymoon. My compliments to Captain Kevin as well; he is a credit and exceptional asset to the company and any trip spent aboard the Hawnalea will most certainly prove to be a memorable and rewarding one.

1 Thank Daniel W
Miramarsailing465, Manager at Miramar Sailing, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Daniel W,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. We are delighted to hear that your sailing trip with Captain Kevin and Acare was "the highlight of your honeymoon".
We agree that Captain Kevin certainly is a "credit and exceptional asset to the company". We are pleased you enjoyed his company and humour and much as we do in the office also!
Once again congratulations to you and your wife! We do hope you will return for your 1st Wedding Anniversary!
Best wishes from The Miramar Team
Toronto, Ontario
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great Time aboard the Hawnalea”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Thank you Captain Kevin and first mate Acare for a memorable day aboard the Hawnalea. We had a great time and it was one of the highlights or our trip. The snorkelling at the reef and Turner beach were little slices of heaven :) Definitely a great change from just staying on the resort! We ended up taking a taxi to the west coast the following day. Spectacular views!
Thanks again, A, C, and L

Visited October 2013
Many thanks for adding your review to Tripadvisor, we really appreciate it. We just love your description of the snorkelling at Cades Reef and Turners Beach as being "little slices of heaven", how right you are! Antigua is as beautiful under the water as above!
Thanks again and we hope to see you in Antigua again. Best Regards from The Miramar Team!
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great place to sail”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Antigua is a great place to sail and Miramar is the perfect school. The approach is friendly and flexible, the instructors have depth of experience and judgement to match. Each day is different and learning is hands-on at all times. I left with real confidence and a lot of happy memories. Thank you.