“Ideal, wonderful, hospitable”

Wind Chimes Inn Antigua
Ranked #3 of 15 St. John's B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I recently stayed at Wind Chimes for 4 nights over two separate occasions.

The facilities are clean and of high standard with running hot water, AC, fridge, cable TV, tea and coffee facilities and a two part breakfast brought to your room at the time you require. Ava who was managing was warm and kind, she helped with all elements of organising activities in Antigua and was a wonderful host. On my final night she let me stay beyond checkout time for no additional cost as my flight was at 9pm.

The hotel is close to the airport- making it ideal for stopover. It was actually quite cool seeing the planes take off and leave from the balconies- noise was not an issue as the airport is not busy overnight and by 10pm there is relatively little sound from the airport. I had friends staying elsewhere in Antigua for 2-3x the price in accommodation which had poor service and amneties in comparison.

Wind chimes location may cause some people problems as it is close to the airport but not within walking distance to many other facilities- I did not have a problem with this as Antigua is very small and it takes 30 minutes to get anywhere on the island. There is an hourly bus which runs from 0800-1800ish which costs £2.5 EC to get to St Johns- cab costs in Antigua are relatively high however with averages of $30 per journey- I found that the cost of a cab was often the same as a night out with dinner and drinks.

This is a very good place to stay and I thoroughly recommend it- It is great value for money and you are bound to enjoy a visit to this lovely,clean, high quality B&B.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies which face the runway are good fun and not worth missing, however iuf you are n...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Snorkles214

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed at the Wind Chimes for 2 nights prior to our flight back to the UK. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable, breakfast was brought to your room at the time you requested it. There was good free internet access. We were given a late check out at no additional cost. We'll certainly use The Wind Chimes on our next visit to Antigua prior to our flight home.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Scotslass199
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights at this hotel with my family. Rooms were really nice and clean. Staff was extremely helpful. Main thing is that its near to the airport. My kids enjoyed landing and take off of planes from room balcony. Ask the desk manager for local tour. Value for money. Thanks for making our stay comfortable.

Room Tip: take a room with balcony looking at airstrip , esp if u have kids with you so that they can enjoy la...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dr Saurabh Yada... Y
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I've just returned from a fantastic two night stay at the Wind Chimes Inn. My son and I stayed there as part of a wider trip to the West Indies. I can just barely put into words how amazing our stay there was. Our spacious twin room with air conditioning, tv, tea & coffee making facilities, fridge and wi-fi was perfect for our needs. Yes it over looked the runway, but for us, that was an added bonus, as a budding photographer my son took some lovely shots of the planes coming in.

We decided to stay an extra night in Antigua, and not surprisingly the Wind Chimes was not available. Simone went way beyond what was asked to help me not only find something interesting to do that day, she called around and booked our accommodation for that night, along with arranging a taxi to take us there and to the airport the next morning.

Simone's hosting was truly unparalleled, absolutely nothing was too much for her. She really went out of her way to make sure our stay was a good one. And it was, thank you so much. I really look forward to staying with you again.

I would not only highly recommend a stay at the Wind Chimes, I would insist on it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Robinshe
Reviewed 1 August 2013

What a delightful discovery this little Inn with the BIG heart is!! The location is perfect for what we were looking for, a nice spot near the airport to sleep for the night. I only wish for the owners that they were located on a beach....the type of service they offer is equal to any five star resort; but it is not a location that folks on holiday are looking for. With that aside, it is for certain on our list anytime that our travels bring us to Antigua!

From the moment we arrived (which due to LIAT was, of course, late); we were greeted with such hospitality. It was too late to order food for delivery; but we had exactly 15 minutes before the local Chinese restaurant closed. The owner, Simone, offered to drive me and we were able to get dinner (which, by the way, was a wonderful little restaurant); I would say that was BETTER than room service!

The room was comfortably appointed, with a small refrigerator which came in handy. It had a lovely deck to sit on, and again, while it would have been a bonus to be overlooking the ocean it was a nice spot nonetheless!
The entire property is well maintained, clean and very inviting. A MUST for a stop over in Antigua!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Robyn P
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My dad stayed at Wind Chimes en route to Dominica. He felt at home. The staff were very kind and helpful to him. They made him feel very welcome. The manager took time out to call me in the UK as my dad to sort out my father's finances - he had the wrong currency! On the morning of his departure a member of staff dropped him to the airport at no extra cost. Thank you staff at Wind Chimes!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank A M
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The B&B / hotel is very close to the airport, we walked it in a half hour one afternoon just because we wanted to. Rooms are spacious and ours came with a frig and microwave. Mornings, they serve a continental breakfast. The owners will go all out to make sure your stay on the island is enjoyable. If we come back to the island, we would stay at the Wind Chimes Inn and rent a car to go to beaches, Sting Ray City (again). explore towns and most importantly take another day trip to Montserrat. Meeting people is what makes traveling fun and our short weekend trip was significantly elevated by the owner (Simone) of Wind Chimes Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple