I recently stayed at Wind Chimes for 4 nights over two separate occasions.
The facilities are clean and of high standard with running hot water, AC, fridge, cable TV, tea and coffee facilities and a two part breakfast brought to your room at the time you require. Ava who was managing was warm and kind, she helped with all elements of organising activities in Antigua and was a wonderful host. On my final night she let me stay beyond checkout time for no additional cost as my flight was at 9pm.
The hotel is close to the airport- making it ideal for stopover. It was actually quite cool seeing the planes take off and leave from the balconies- noise was not an issue as the airport is not busy overnight and by 10pm there is relatively little sound from the airport. I had friends staying elsewhere in Antigua for 2-3x the price in accommodation which had poor service and amneties in comparison.
Wind chimes location may cause some people problems as it is close to the airport but not within walking distance to many other facilities- I did not have a problem with this as Antigua is very small and it takes 30 minutes to get anywhere on the island. There is an hourly bus which runs from 0800-1800ish which costs £2.5 EC to get to St Johns- cab costs in Antigua are relatively high however with averages of $30 per journey- I found that the cost of a cab was often the same as a night out with dinner and drinks.
This is a very good place to stay and I thoroughly recommend it- It is great value for money and you are bound to enjoy a visit to this lovely,clean, high quality B&B.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wind Chimes Inn is an ideal hotel for the budget and business travellers, overnighters and AUA students as we are located just 3 minutes from the V.C. Bird International Airport, 10 minutes from downtown St. Johns and 5 minutes from Jabberwock Beach and the AUA Campus. Our air conditioned studios have queen beds, cable TV, free hi-speed internet, microwaves, mini bar fridges and much more. Complimentary breakfast is included in our rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Wind Chimes Inn Antigua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wind Chimes Inn Antigua Hotel St. John`s
- Wind Chimes Inn Antigua Saint John Parish