“Best. Dive. Ever!”
Review of Dockyard Divers

Dockyard Divers
Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in English Harbour
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Dockyard Divers, Antigua.One of the greatest pleasures in life is to go diving. To move in that extra dimension and enjoy the colour and adventure of this other world is something everyone should experience. And of course diving in the warmth of the Caribbean waters is an added bonus. If you haven’t yet got hooked, one great way to see if its for you is to try a beginners or resort course. First a basic, easy to understand lesson, followed by equipment check out in shallow water, and your first dive! After this experience most decide to take a certification course.
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best. Dive. Ever!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

What a treat to have found Tony at Dockyard Divers through Trip Advisor and to be coming back to write a glowing review of our experience with him! We went diving with Tony twice, once for a “refresher” course and again for a 2 tank dive. He picked us up both times outside our hotel in Nelson’s Dockyard and took us out on his little boat to our dive locations. He was exceptionally knowledgeable and made us feel very safe. This was my first open water dive, but Tony was so awesome that I never once felt nervous or uncomfortable in any way. But… all that is not really why I’m writing….

My (now) fiancé worked with Tony to coordinate a super special underwater scuba proposal! Tony was so awesome and patient through the whole thing and helped my fiancé come up with the perfect plan for the day. Tony filmed it for us and took pictures and I feel SO LUCKY that we found him to help us make perfect memories of the day!

We made a video of our trip (including the underwater proposal and much of the awesome video Tony captured during our dives together! It’s posted in my TripAdvisor profile and we’re happy to share it with you because we loved our vacation in Antigua SO MUCH.

Thank you Tony!

-Thomas and Lindsey

Visited December 2013

Tulsa, Oklahoma
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Friendly service but...”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

If you are use to having going on a nice dive boat with good rental equipment, you are out of luck. If you are in need of someone to hold your hand and baby you during your dive, you are out of luck.

If you are okay with a no frills diving experience but you want a knowlegable guide, Dockyard Divers is a good choice.

Visited January 2014
upstate new york
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great experience for all!”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband and I have been scuba certified, however our last dive was about 8 years ago, so we were feeling a bit rusty. We brought along our two teenage sons who had never dived before. Tony gave us a condensed lesson reviewing equipment and underwater safety. He is a no nonsense man who really knows his stuff.
He took us to Pillars of Herculese, which was a perfect place for our sons first dive...while also providing adequate viewing for more experienced divers. We all felt safe knowing that Tony was always keeping a close eye on us. He took many underwater photos, free of charge, and will email them to us.
Our sons are now so excited to become scuba certified, and it is, no doubt, because of the guidance and experience they received from diving with Tony.
If we visit Antigua again, we will certainly make it a priority to dive with Tony.

Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Salty seadog...”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

If you only have one chance to dive in Antigua, head south to English Harbour and dive with Tony. He's knowledgable, interesting & relaxed. The 2 dives were great and he sent me 25 pictures that same day of the highlights of our underwater adventure - a great touch.
My 290th dive wasn't a disappointment. OWI 4002

Visited October 2013
1 Thank John M
Port of Spain, Trinidad
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Great experience, exciting fun and good service. I was so scared at first but it turned out to be a something zi would try again.

Visited August 2013