“Skipper tried hard - efforts paid off”

Overdraft & H2O Antigua Fishing
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Chartered Overdraft via holiday rep for half a day for myself and my son (9) and daughter (7).
With their "deposit" and $80 round trip taxi, it did work out a relatively expensive half day outing.
But boats are not cheap to own/run - fishing is not a cheap day trip.

The skipper and mate were very friendly and rigged up 6 lines/rods almost immediately, so no wasted travelling. We hooked a small bonito pretty early on, which kept the littluns interested.

We trolled out about 10 miles against a head sea and it was bumpy. We are avid boating/fishing types, we left my wife at the resort - good job as she would have been barking up within minutes.

My only criticism would be that at this time of year, the prevailing winds can make the sea bumpy and our rep ought to have mentioned it may be a bumpy trip.

The skipper did not stop adjusting the lines, looking for diving birds, changing baits for fresh ones and his efforts paid off. We had several small barracuda, a dolphin fish (not a dolphin I hasten to add), several dropped takes and a nice wahoo in the 40lb bracket.

There was plenty of shade. Plenty of free soft drinks and there was a decent toilet below decks.

My kids loved the trip and all in all we had a memorable half day.

Highly Recommended.