“A hidden gem”

Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Maesycwmmer
Reviewed 8 May 2012

HavIng found this hotel on Internet and booking through their website I was really pleased with whole experience. Paid £55 b&b and booked only day before visit. Receptionist very professional at check in explained about restaurant timings, gym & pool. Ate in restaurant £40 for 3 courses & glass of wine. Food was lovely. Room well decorated and furnished little small but had everything and I had only booked a standard room! Bed was a little soft for me this isn't a criticism as all matter of personal preference. Good choice at breakfast. Restaurant is in a conservatory overlooking golf course last night it was raining heavily so having a conversation could be difficult not a problem for me as I was on my own. Views were gorgeous so more than made up for a bit of rain noise, to be honest I quite liked it made you feel part of the welsh countryside. All in all a good hotel will bring costume and gym equipment next time. Would definitely recommend so much better than staying at a standard business hotel

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank AA10
Simon D, General Manager at Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Your review is fanstastic! Many thanks

Write a ReviewReviews (1,066)

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Thoroughly enjoyable stay with excellent facilities and very helpful, friendly staff
Faultless stay for excellent value for money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Simon D, General Manager at Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We visited here for a wedding reception, the facilities were great and the food the provided us with was very tasty. The staff were very prompt with service and there was a manager on the floor making sure everything was going smoothly.

Very friendly staff, always willing to help. We had one of the cheaper rooms, the room was very nice, the bathroom was excellent. The shower was big and powerful, almost like being jet washed! The bed was very comfortable and we had everything we needed in the room, apart from the "Do not Disturb" door hanger, but that wasn't a massive problem.

Unfortunately the weather wasn't on our side so we didn't get to sample any of the surrounding countryside or golf course, the high winds and rain also contributed to a power cut in the morning but luckily power was restored after a short period. The golf course looked good, it was always very busy at the first tee (When it wasn't raining). The views from the restaurant and bar over the course and the surrounding valleys were stunning, even with the dark cloud and rain.

and best til last! The breakfast was amazing, a buffet style breakfast with everything you could possibly want.

1  Thank Finnigan82
Simon D, General Manager at Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to review us.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I booked a spa day for my mother and myself at Bryn Meadows hotel, and I was very pleased with the whole experience. The hotel was easy to find, the instructions provided on the website are spot on. The staff were friendly and helpful, and it felt like they were enjoying their jobs. The spa facilities are fantastic although I was a little concerned that the swimming pool was unsupervised, however the reception area does overlook the swimming pool so I suppose it's not completely unobserved. My only real gripe which stops this from being an "excellent" review is that the aromatherapy room smelled a bit of socks.

I can thoroughly recommend the back, neck and shoulder massage, and Cerys the masseuse was able to recommend a few things I could do to ease out my shoulders. The Rasul mud treatment was excellent as well, and it lasted just the right amount of time. Not suitable if you don't like steam though!

We both had beef burgers and they were huge and tasty - be aware that "light lunch" is still going to be huge!

The view out from the dining area would have been spectacular on a sunny day, but even on a rainy grey day it was still impressive.

I would definitely go back, in fact we're planning our next spa day already.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your great review. Come back soon.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Just a note to compliment you and your staff.
We came for a wedding evening reception and decided to stay aswell. The room was clean and spacious (junior room) The staff during the evening were friendly and helpful, and at breakfast (lots to choose from) they did all they could to make the whole experience a memorable one.
Just a shame we didn't get to use the facilities.
Thank you for making our stay a good one and look forward to booking with you again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Simon D, General Manager at Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Thank you very much. When we get a review, such as yours, the whole team loves it. Come back soon

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel recently as a spa package deal and could not fault this place at all!. The staff were courteous and friendly which made me feel comfortable.

I couldn't fault the diner area, which presented a great scenic for you and your love ones when having a meal, although I did notice there is not a variety of food to choose from, perhaps this could be that I stayed for 3 nights and noticed when going outdoors there isn't much of a variety of restaurants. the small town area, which is literally 2 mins away from the hotel (driving) had Mc Donald's, KFC, domino's but no food which was spectacular or different.

Although I would truly recommend the spa treatments which needs to be pre booked before hand, especially the razul mud treatment and the energizing message which was lovely!!.. By the end of the treatments I fell asleep like a baby. I would also recommend for those going for a spa treatment to have your swimming customs available as the pool area is part of the spa treatment package deal which was great to use especially the jacuzzi area, top quality with deep cleanse water!!..

the only down fall is, the hotel is pretty secluded with not much to do apart from play golf, unless you travel a distant to get to other places. other then that the place was clean to a good standards..

I will be looking forward to return back to this hidden gem and highly recommend it to anyone especially couples..

1  Thank sh11n3
Simon D, General Manager at Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you very much for your great review. Please come back to see us soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I cant recommend this hotel and spa enough, we got married here on the 24th March 2012. It was a fantastic day all the staff were friendly and helpful especially Gavin, he made sure our day was perfect. The food was great all the rooms that we booked were very clean. I'm so glad that we choose this venue and i cant wait to return with some family and friends for my 30th in July and again with my husband for our 1st anniversary. Thank you to everyone at Bryn Meadows.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

I am delighted that your Wedding went so well. I am so pleased that Gavyn Bolton, our Deputy General Manager, helped make it special. He and all the team at Bryn Meadows wish you the best of luck for your future together.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maesycwmmer
Village Hotel Cardiff
New House Country Hotel
New House Country Hotel
#2 of 74 in Cardiff
Travelodge Caerphilly Hotel

Been to Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!