“2 night stay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Maesycwmmer
London, United Kingdom
“2 night stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Looks nice enough from the outside and the golf course, spa and gym are all good, however the bedrooms are in desperate need of updating. The bathroom had mould growing on the tiles and was dark and dingy. The TV in the bathroom, which looks a nice touch, didn't work at all. Our bedroom was adequate, but the TV struggled to get reception and the in room fridge didn't work (although we were given £10 off per night we stayed to compensate for this!). The bed however was very comfy. At £120 per night, it's fair to say, one would expect much better. We heard on the grapevine that the current owners were looking to sell, perhaps the reason for a lack of investment! 2 good bars on site.

Definitely worth investing in an upgrade to a suite if possible. We were travelling with our 2 year old son and could have done with more space.

The buffet breakfast was good and there was a decent selection.

Stayed May 2014
gavyn B, General Manager at Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review of our Hotel. It was pleasing to read that you was happy with certain aspects of your stay although others have highlighted there is always room for improvement. Your feedback is welcomed and is paramount to us improving. I am grateful for your frank and honest review and your comments have been discussed. There has been several large financial investments across the resort and we have recently begun a new programme of maintenance both in the hotel and the bedrooms alike and look forward to your comments next time you stay.
Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Lincolnshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Started badly with a very dirty toilet however a word with reception and that was quickly sorted. Helpful,pleasant staff throughout the hotel, spa and restaurant. Friday breakfast freshly prepared and lovely so disappointed to find Saturday was a buffet. We had an excellent evening meal - ask for a table by the window. Spa pool and jacuzzi lovely but the heat rooms are rather small! Fantastic hot stone massage-asked about pressure levels and areas to focus on. Our room had a nice view but beware some look into the base of the spa!and if you are upstairs in some rooms those in the spa can look straight in!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I was pleased to see your initial problems were addressed so rapidly. Our friendly and helpful team are always happy to help when given the opportunity with any issues raised. We hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.
Llanwern, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

My friend & I booked the earth spa day at the Bryn Meadows for a nice chilled girly day. We were not disappointed. We arrived early, as we had treatments booked in as part of our package. We were quickly handed robes, towels and slippers and shown to the changing room. Once ready we went into the spa area. We tested out the relaxing jacuzzi, bit of a swim, sauna, steam & the hydrotherapy pool. A must try. Our treatments were good, leaving us feeling very relaxed and pampered. We spent the whole day here which included lunch. A simple choice for what it was but the food we had was tasty.

I would go back to the spa for a day as it was local, convenient and we felt very welcome. The only down side I had to the day was that whilst we were there, a wedding was taking place. Most of the spa day guests went into the lunch area in robes, whilst fully gal mead up wedding guests walked around. I felt a little awkward but they didn't seem to be too bothered. If you want a relaxing day with good treatments then give this place a go.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of Fusion Spa . We were pleased to read that you all enjoyed your 'chilled girly' day with us. All the team work very hard and certainly do get a buzz when they see that they have made a good impression for the resort. We hope that we can look after you again in the near future. Kind Regards.
UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

My friend and I booked the fusion 'Earth' spa day which included 60 minutes of a treatments of your choice. On the whole we were really impressed with the facilities. The pool is a good size with a good number of loungers around the side. The jacuzzi was lovely and hot and we also really enjoyed the hydro-pool.

I chose to have a neck, back and shoulder massage which was really relaxing. My therapist was lovely and asked me what kind of pressure I would like and managed to sustain the right amount of pressure throughout. I also had a manicure, although wasn't as impressed with this. I thought the choice of nail polish colours was limited and although my nail technician was friendly, she made little effort to chat to me throughout the manicure, which made me feel a little awkward at times.

Lunch was ok. It's advertised as a light lunch and it is- just a sandwich and a side salad.

Only other complaint is that the changing rooms are a little small. Most visitors to the spa that day were women, which is probably the case most days, and most of us seemed to leave around the same time. When we were trying to get changed in the changing rooms at the end of the day there was barely space to stand and there's no private cubicles.

Overall, we found the day to be really enjoyable and left feeling relaxed. I am likely to return in the future.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your spa day at our Hotel. I was pleased to read some of your comments however sorry that you did not enjoy certain aspects of the experience. We value all feedback at the resort and will take your comments on-board to improve our standards.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

My partner and I stayed here for the weekend and had a fabulous stay including a Spa treatment.
I had a detox mud wrap and the Therapist Lauren was lovely, explaining everything to me as she was doing it or about to.
The food was superb, although the bar was slightly on the expensive side!
Bedroom was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfy - almost too comfortable!
Would definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Fusion Spa and resort experience with us. The team are always encouraged by good feedback and it’s great to hear that Lauren done such a fab job!. Thank you again for choosing to spend your weekend with us and hope to welcome you back soon.
Very Kind Regards
Bargoed, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend came here for a spa day today. The fusion spa staff very friendly on arrival no issues at all with them. The chlorine in the pool however was so strong it was burning both our eyes (even though we didnt even put our heads under the water)..when finished and went into our treatment (mud rasul) and also in the showers in the changing room after the drains stank! Not a very relaxing experience when you have the smell of manure coming from thw drain when your trying to have a relaxing shower..hopefully this is something that can be sorted as it was a slight let down. It was disapointing the colourful lights on the shower head wasn't working in the mud rasul room as it was the last time I had the treatment..this definitely adds the feel of relaxation. Also the water feature in the relaxation room wasnt on either which was disapointing again..but perhaps there was a fault and wasnt working. At dinner, we were placed by the window where it was unbearably hot and bright..I began to feel very ill and dizzy. We had to ask the staff twice to bring us bread rolls..twice again for a pepsi..and had a 20minute wait for our desert..the staff member asked if we was ready for our dessert after our dinner or wanted to wait..we said we were ready..if we had to wait 20mins when it was supposed to be ready god knows how long we would have been waiting if we asked to wait! I was slightly disappointed with my visit this time as I have always had a very good time..and wouldn't normally be so fussy as to complain..but it was a shame to me. Hopefully next time it will be a better experience as these aren't major issues..just not very nice when paying good money and wanting it to be the most relaxing experience. very friendly staff though throughout and could not fault them.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. I was disappointed to read our shortfalls during your visit. I would like to apologize for the maintenance issues that you experienced. Please can I ask you to contact me direct at the resort as I would like to invite you back as my guest to enjoy the rasual like you have in the past. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind Regards
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely views but needs a bit more care on the inside. Dusty dining chairs, carpets need a good Hoover. Spa area not all areas working. Food first night was mediocre and that was not cod as I know it!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visits with us. I was pleased that you enjoyed the views at the resort however disappointed you did not enjoy certain aspects. Please contact me direct at the hotel to discuss further as I have no record that any of the issues were reported to any of the duty managers during your stay. Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maesycwmmer
The Parkway Hotel & Spa
New House Country Hotel
New House Country Hotel
#3 of 76 in Cardiff
Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel and Spa

Been to Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!