We have stayed here a few times previously and it is a very nice hotel with a great spa and pool facility and spotless clean and large rooms.
We went on a dinner bed and breakfast deal which seemed reasonable on booking but having seen what we were presented with for dinner it really was not a good deal at all because it was little more than bed and breakfast. It was quite embarrassing firstly the menu presented to the DB&B customers but this only worsened as each course came out.
Our bottle of wine was just plonked on the table unopened and no ice bucket.
Our starter was a tomato and mozzarella based dish but when presented was literally a thin slice of tomato with a thin slice of mozzarella and a drizzle of olive oil with inedible home made bread because it was so stale.
As a vegetarian I expect limitations and especially when taking up a hotel offer where you get a lesser menu often presented. I had a choice of one dish which was a goat cheese tart. I've never been keen on goat cheese so asked the waitress if they could offer me an alternative and she said she'd ask the chef. On returning I was offered a "chicken salad without the chicken" hmmm tempting so had to go for a dish I knew I wouldn't like. In fairness dessert was good however.
I did send an email of disappointment to the hotel but it appears a bit of polite criticism is not appreciated. It's a real shame because this is one of our favourite local hotels and we do use weekend breaks on a monthly basis and now one of our favourites is scratched from the list.
Plenty more though
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to a unique luxurious four star golf and spa resort set in over 100 acres of meadowland and hidden amongst the breath taking valleys of south east Wales. Bryn Meadows is one of the leading destinations for spa breaks and golf breaks in Wales, comprising of 42 contemporary, yet classically styled en-suite rooms most with balconies overlooking the beautiful surrounding countryside, extensive leisure & spa facilities and a championship parkland golf course.Only 10 minutes away from J32 of the M4 and just 25 minutes from Cardiff, one of Europe’s most lively and cosmopolitan cities, Bryn Meadows is perfectly located to all the major attractions of the city, yet is far enough away for those searching for a relaxing retreat. For those wishing to explore the local area, the town of Caerphilly is just 10 minutes away, steeped in history with its own impressive hilltop Castle. Just 30 minutes away, the incredible Brecon Beacons renowned for its beautiful and diverse landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel And Spa
- Bryn Meadows Golf Hotel Maesycwmmer
- Bryn Meadows Hotel
- Bryn Meadows Boutique Hotel
- Bryn Meadows Golf, Hotel & Spa Maesycwmmer, Wales, UK