“Spectacular View!”

Pinchos Grill & Bar
Ranked #13 of 222 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jamestown, New York
“Spectacular View!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The view is breathtaking, however the food is mediocre. It has the potential to be a top notch restaurant, but it just doesn't quite get there. Something is missing. For the price that you pay, you expect better quality. I had the filet mignon which was over cooked and under seasoned. My husband had the grouper which was tasty, but the portion size was small. Considering the many fine dining locations on the island, I'm not sure that this would be worth a second visit.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank HollyBH

Agawam, Massachusetts
“Excellent Food & Beautiful View”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Pinchos Grill & Bar is wonderful outdoor dining on the ocean. It is located on the pier at Surfside Marina, located on L.G. Smith Boulevard in Oranjestad and is open from 5 pm until midnight. There is plenty of parking. After parking, walk through the courtyard behind the lodging to find the walkway out to the pier.

We have been enjoying this restaurant for many years now and make a point to eat here every time we visit. On our recent visit in March we dined here twice. Our favorite meal is one of their most popular dishes, the pan-seared Caribbean Grouper, served with a very delicious rice and mixed vegetables. The second time we dined here, they offered a special that included shrimp with the grouper and that was excellent also. This dinner is the perfect portion and is priced very reasonable. They also offer another favorite, the Blue Cheese Tenderloin. Our waiter, Erik, provided excellent customer service with a smile.

This small restaurant cooks all its food on a grill, as it is located on a pier, and may take some time to prepare. While waiting, enjoy the ambiance of this romantic location and a cocktail if you wish and enjoy the freshest seafood and most delicious steaks. Enjoy a romantic sunset dinner in this location or arrive after dark, as it is beautiful at any time you choose to visit.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Loves2Research
Bedford, Massachusetts
“Best of the best”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Best service combined with best food and great atmosphere. Been eating out for last week here on island and by far this is the best. Eight people had dinner on this visit and all eight rated it 5 stars. We are going back this week for another great evening. This is a must try restaurant .

Visited April 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Was average at best.”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The View was all that kept this from being rated POOR. I was expecting something real nice with the prices we were paying. The worst service I got on the entire trip. I do wish I could recall the waiter's name, so people reading this could request NOT to have him. He took 10 orders, Then had to come back to ask how people would like their meat cooked 15 mins later. MY MAIN ISSUE was that I told the waiter I could not eat onions. He told me my meal had none and AN HOUR LATER when our food got dropped off It was covered in onions. I told them that it was loaded with onions, he said "Sorry I forgot". I ordered a vodka and soda water, Got a Capt. and Coke. I was told "Thats what I ordered". Was just a nightmare. It did have a nice view and we made the best of it. But with the price tag.....I WOULD STAY AWAY.

• Visited March 2014
Wayne, New Jersey
“Sunset Sick”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

If you want a sunset view and a bite to eat. I suggest you make a sandwich and eat it on the beach. Whatever you do don't eat here. The menus were dirty, mildewed and stunk so I knew this would be bad.

Conch fritters were like rubber, chicken chorizo was raw. My wife got a mixes shish kabob and one piece of meat was raw the other was overcooked. My daughters mini-burgers tasted like bad meatloaf. The rest of the dinner party got Scombroid fish poisoning from the mahi-mahi. Scombroid fish poisoning can occur if fish is poorly refrigerated from the time it is fished
until it reaches your dinner plate. It makes your mouth itch and you get sick.

• Visited April 2014