“BEST STEAK IN ARUBA”

Price range: US$27 - US$49
Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: El Gaucho, is a typical Argentine Steakhouse, famous for serving succulent Steaks grilled the Argentinian way. The decor, ambiance and music is rustic and Argentinian in every way. Leather art on the walls, wooden pillars and barrels,cow hide decor and more. The Restaurant is divided in 7 dinning rooms, each decorated to honor a region of Argentina:Mendoza the wine region, the famous Caminito Way, the Pampas fields.The menu is extensive with many choices of beef, poultry and seafood. The sides are included in the price and so are the fresh garlic bread and the 3 home made sauces to acompany your dinner.With over 38 years, serving the best and the biggest steaks, El Gaucho is the oldest established Restaurant on the Island.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I went on honeymoon in Aruba, but before we went there my husband and I were searching for great steak houses, we found a few restaurants that we read on tripadvisor. So as we went on our honeymoon we visited all the steak houses that we found on tripadvisor, but we didn't find the BIG juicy steak. We were not at all satisfied so we got a few magazines from my friend that lives in Aruba and we came across El Gaucho. We immediately started looking for the place and not knowing it was just a street or two behind the main street. From the outside it looked as if it was empty, but when we stepped in we saw a great big crowd. There was a man playing the guitar from table to table just like the movies. We sat down and we ordered some food. I got the skirt steak and my husband chose the tenderloin, when our plate came we were in total shock. We had never seen such a big steak served on a platter before, our eyes got bigger and bigger just looking at both the steaks. Now we know why they call the place EL GAUCHO....
We really enjoyed our meal and the waiter was very friendly. We paid for that delicious steak 80$. It really was worth the money and we are surely going back to that place when we go to Aruba. My husband said to me the next time we go to Aruba that is going to be the very first place he will visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,417)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I ordered the ribs they could have been a little more tender they give you 3 sides with your meal our server was great !

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Great food!!! Great service without staff hovering.....they were there for refills and questions. All you had to do was nod. Go there!!!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We decided to visit this restaurant after a local resident recommended it. We had a reservation for 6:00 p.m. The restaurant really started to fill up at 6:30.
After mostly dining outside on our trip, we were a little let down by the dark ambiance inside. I suppose it's your typical steakhouse setting, just bring your glasses!
The menu has choices for everyone, even for those who don't like steak. For appetizers we enjoyed a wedge salad and pumpkin soup. Both were very good. For dinner, we opted for the Gaucho steak, Tenderloin steak and the grilled chicken. The steaks are the heroes of this restaurant. They were very tasty and prepared to perfection. The side dishes are average. We has a small piece of corn on the cob, broccoli (could have used 3-4 more minutes in the steamer), and smashed red bliss potatoes.
It was a nice touch when two musicians played and sang at our table. Very entertaining! The wait staff was very efficient and friendly.
I recommend this restaurant for the steaks alone.

1  Thank VolDawg
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We had 8 people in our group. Everyone chose various cuts of steak. I chose the skirt steak and a wedge salad. The salad was good--hard to mess up a salad. The steaks are why you are there. The skirt steak was cooked to a perfect medium rare temperature, and was melt in your mouth tender--a hard thing to accomplish. But the quality of the beef was apparent. Everyone raved about the steaks, regardless of the cuts chosen. My hubby had a rib steak that was so large, we had the leftovers next day. Still yummy! I had no skirt steak leftover! I highly recommend reservations well in advance. Good wine selection. The serving staff was attentive, friendly and efficient--they kept our large group in sync. We had fried cheesecake for dessert. Personally, I didn't care for it, but others who shared liked it. I don't care for desserts, generally--but, I am a beef eater! Dress is casual, but not sloppy! Nice restaurant atmosphere.