“Wonderful steaks!!!”

Price range: US$27 - US$49
Cuisines: Argentinian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: El Gaucho, is a typical Argentine Steakhouse, famous for serving succulent Steaks grilled the Argentinian way. The decor, ambiance and music is rustic and Argentinian in every way. Leather art on the walls, wooden pillars and barrels,cow hide decor and more. The Restaurant is divided in 7 dinning rooms, each decorated to honor a region of Argentina:Mendoza the wine region, the famous Caminito Way, the Pampas fields.The menu is extensive with many choices of beef, poultry and seafood. The sides are included in the price and so are the fresh garlic bread and the 3 home made sauces to acompany your dinner.With over 38 years, serving the best and the biggest steaks, El Gaucho is the oldest established Restaurant on the Island.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful steaks!!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We ate here as a family of five. While we all ordered different cuts of steak, cooked at different temperatures, the result was the same. Absolutely delicious steak!! The wait staff was very friendly and helpful and the roaming Mariachi singers were just an added charm to this already charming restaurant. No wonder they've been in business for over 35 years. They came highly recommended and proved to be worthy.

Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Excellent as expected”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This was our fifth time here and the food was excellent. It was very busy and we were taken on time. Wish I could have eaten there more during our visit. We took the kids out for dinner before going there because their website did not have a kids menu. When getting there we were shown a kids menu that was reasonably priced. Website should be updated for the kids menu.

Visited August 2014
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Feast of food”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We capped our week long visit to Aruba with dinner at El Gaucho and we were not disappointed. Being our first time we got the Avocado Salad to share as an appetizer - very good and fresh. I went for the signature Argentina Grill (Tenderloin (most delicious I've ever had), Chorizo (sausage), Ribs (very tasty and a lot of meat), Pork Loin, and Beef Ribs (my second favorite. My wife tried the Caribbean Seafood Combo (Conch - unique, Squid - nicely seasoned, fish - groper - very good, and shrimp - quite spicy). You get three sides with the meal and we both had broccoli, mashed potatoes and plantains - all very good. A lot of food so we did not have any of the dessert. Also stayed with ice tea for a total bill with tip (included in bill) of $122. Restaurant was a bit over cooled and load - so it was hard to talk. Overall very nice, and you sure can't beat the main course for both quality and quantity - we'll go again when back in Aruba!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank skreider
Chigwell, United Kingdom
“Best steak in Aruba”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Apparently when it first opened this place had 6 tables, if true then WOW they must be doing something right. Now there are 2 floors & 4 dining rooms on ground floor alone.....& every table was full. The room was fairly noisy with lots of buzzing hungry diners. The service was really good, the food was spot on. Price wise is also pretty decent, not cheap but worth every penny & cheaper than steak houses in hotels.

Visited July 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very good”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We were told about this place by a friend of my husband. I love steak so I had to go. I didn't like that so many of the steaks are HUGE!! Big does not equal better in my book. I ordered a steak in size that I can actually eat, 16oz ribeye. It was very good. Seasoned well and cooked perfectly. I can't say that it is the best steak I've ever had, but it was very good.

• Visited July 2014