“Love the decor, very good calamari!”
Review of Driftwood

Driftwood
Ranked #20 of 234 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Price range: US$9 - US$36
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are located in the heart of characteristic downtown Oranjestad and offer you a unique dining experience. Enjoy the freshest fish, biggest shrimp, or the most succulent Caribbean lobster amid the rustic ambience of the natural driftwood dining room. Our menu includes a large variety of typically Aruban delicacies including our three star fish soup and our mouth-watering filet of fish served with a mild Aruban Creole sauce... A seafood lovers dream come true. Furthermore all dishes are prepared with an Aruban touch and accompanied by Pan Bati, our famous Aruban corn bread. We welcome you to our intimate and comfortable Aruban seafood restaurant where we will do our utmost to make your dining experience a most pleasant and enjoyable one. Welcome to Driftwood!
Reviewed 31 August 2014

My sister and I decided on this place for our last meal in Aruba because the had a 3 course special for $25, which my sister and I both took advantage of. My sister had the swordfish and I had the Muoi (I'm not really sure how to spell it) but they compared it to halibut. Both tasted like chicken. We also ordered the calamari rings, which were different from all the other calamari we had because it wasn't fried, and it was amazing. The decor is all wood, the chandelier's are made out of ship steering wheels. It was just a really nice, interesting place, and the service was good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,930)

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We went to Driftwood on Aug 19,2014. On our previous trips to Aruba we use to always go here. We haven't been here in a few years but this trip we decided to return and we were not disappointed. The fish was fresh, service was excellent and friendly. I had the Grouper in lemon and garlic sauce. It was very very good! My wife had Shrimp and linguine. My son had blackened sword fish. All our meals were fresh and delicious. We will add Driftwood to next years trip.

1  Thank Cpmike74
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We were a party of five and everyone was very pleased with the evening. They are known for their seafood and they catch what they serve as they have a fleet of fishing boats. Very accommodating, reasonably priced food and wine list.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We returned to Driftwood because of their delicious "pan bati" and seafood dishes. Their fish dishes are simply amazing!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

It had been many years since we visited Driftwood. The tables were very close together and we remembered feeling cramped, but decided to give it another try. We were pleasantly surprised that either they had re-arranged the seating or we got a better table. The reviews we read talked about the great service and good food, but we had at best an average experience. The restaurant was very busy and the staff was bustling around. It took a long time before we were able to order, and it was impossible to get beverage refills. I ordered grouper and it was just okay. My husband had shrimp that smelled odd, and unfortunately he was sick later that evening. I doubt if we will return. If you want good fish, order the sea bass at The Sunset Grill at the Radisson or check out Aqua Grill. A lower cost option would be Fishes and More. I also wouldn't recommend this restaurant for a romantic dinner or a special occasion as it was very loud and difficult to hear each other.