Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Talk of the Town Hotel & Beach Club(Oranjestad)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$140
Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort(Oranjestad)
US$228
US$192
HotelQuickly
US$107
US$86
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
US$452
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$145
Andicuri Inn(Oranjestad)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Costa Linda Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
5,263 results
All reviewsprivate islandmarina sideblue barboat ridewater taxipink flamingosfamily beachadult beachlg steakhouseocean suiteseafood buffetdutch pancake househappy hourque pasamovie theaterpalm beachsole
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2011

The hotel staff is friendly. But Not the hotel Manager by the name Marissa. Handling small thing in a very rude manner. My husband and I stayed for 5nights. Hotel room is clean,but the washroom is outdated. The second drawer of the dresser almost fell on my husband toes, so in bad condition. Despite of all those damaged things we just stay in the same room. It is just too bad they don't select a proper Manager. We are in business and know how to handle your customer.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2011

After reading the mixed reviews I was very interested in how we would like this hotel as I knew there was no beach and we had the All Inclusive package. Two things that are pretty important when planning a destination like this.

In regards to the beach, the island makes up for it 10 times over. The boat ride is approx ten minutes and they come every 15 mins so getting there isnt a big deal. You get to have a small boat ride everyday so you can think of that as a bonus. When arriving to the Island you are blown away on how beautiful and relaxing this place is. We went in May so there were no more then 16 people on the adult side of the island at any one time. Never had trouble getting a chair, hammock or shade. Snorkeling was great there as well. Restaurant food on the island is decent but the drinks are great! We wondered if we were missing something by not being on the main beach so we ventured to the beach and realized that we were not. The main beach was beautiful but much more busy.

As for the all-inclusive, the only difference is that instead of getting a bracelet you have to show your room card prior to ordering and sign off as if it was a credit card. There is absolutely no hassle and you get most drinks available in the bar. The drinks you dont get are higher end spirits and north american beer.(which is completely understandable) The beer of my choice was Balashi Chill and it tasted like Corona. Perfect! I wasn't sure about getting this package but I definitely recommend it as it made it really easy and worry free. It paid for itself by the end of the third day.

I will just mention a few cons that were not that big of a deal and really had no end effect on our trip but should be said. The rooms are very basic with a fairly comfortable bed. I don't believe the windows are sound proof so I could see why the other reviewers may have had issues with the noise. We were somewhat lucky that we were not above the bar but we could hear the vehicles passing by at night. The food is good for the first few days but the lack of change in the menu at the main buffet restaurant was a minus. I am spoiled by having being used to Canadian cuisine ( which is every nationality) so it takes a lot to impress me with food. Steakhouse gave you a set menu with some choices but they did not impress me at all.

After all that, I have to mention the thing that stood out the most about this hotel. The staff was plenty and AMAZING! So friendly, so helpful and so many of them. Never once did we feel second tier because of our all-inclusive status. The staff at the renaissance should be very proud.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank superchunk54
Reviewed 15 May 2011

My wife and I recently spent four nights at the Renaissance. When picking where we were going to stay, we wanted a hotel that allowed us to do more than just lay on the beach. For us, the Renaissance was the perfect choice. The hotel is very easy to get to from the airport, as they are both on the same road essentially. We rented a car at the airport so we could come and go as we pleased. There was plenty of free parking at the hotel, although what is and isn't hotel parking isn't clearly marked upon arrival. Driving in Aruba isn't bad, although road signs are very few and far in between. Navigating can be a challenge! The hotel itself is very nice, but be aware, the rooms are just that, hotel rooms. The room itself was clean and well serviced daily. The two best things about the Renaissance are the private island and the many dining options near by. The private island freakin rocks! I would recommend some water shoes of some type as there are some rocks you have to walk on, but nothing too excessive. Definitely rent a float from the vender on the island. If you are lounging on the adult side, I would also recommend getting a bucket of beer since the bar is a decent walk and service can take a bit. Don't rent snorkel gear from the island. It fogs up in 3 seconds flat, not worth it. Food on the island is pretty good. We also got a massage at the Cove on the island. Very relaxing.

Since we rented a car, we tried to eat at different resturants other than those in the hotel. By far the best was Flying Fishbone. I would highly recommend making the trip. We also ate at LG Smith, Cuba's Cooking, and Driftwood. They are all good, but not exceptional. One word of caution, food is expensive in Aruba, but if you're travelling to Aruba, that's probably an afterthought. The first morning, we ate breakfast at the hotel buffet, Aquarius. After that, we starting eating breakfast at the cafes in the plaza between the marina and beach towers to save some money. The Starbucks in the lobby was much appreciated by my wife.

We did a sunset sail with Jolly Pirates. This was a ton of fun and I wished we had also done a snorkle trip with them (more reasons to go back). We drove the California lighthouse, natural bridge, and the national park. All of which are okay, but other than the lighthouse, are hard to find due to the lack of road signs. The beaches are definitely the best part of Aruba.

We loved Aruba and the Reniassance. It was definately the right hotel for us, as we wanted that downtown location. I'm ready to go back and I've only been home three days.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Renaissance Ocean Suites and would gladly stay here again.

A couple of years ago I guess this was a luxury hotel and it´s still nice but you can tell the resort is a couple of years old. Still, our room was clean, spacious, had a great ocean view, a very comfortable bed and we have nothing to complain about when it comes to our room.

The poolarea was really nice and the staff in the poolbar was great; friendly and servicminded. The staff in the reception wasn´t as good. They were a bit ignorant, slow and could really improve their serviceskills, but luckily we didn´t have to talk to them that often. The concierge was helpful however.

Location was nice, I liked the closeness to Oranjestad, all the stores and some really nice restaurants like Barefoot, Que Pasa and Yemanja.

If I hadn´t read some earlier reviews I´d probably been disappointed with the beach by the resort, but this was well compensated by the private island with it´s lovley and calm beach and it´s flamingos. The only bad thing about the island was it´s restaurant.

We can really recommend a stay at The Renaissance Ocean Suites, overall we had a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anky71
Reviewed 10 May 2011

My husband and I are in our late 20's and stayed at the Marina Hotel for 10 days in April. I will start by saying that I researched hotels extensively before booking. I am very picky and used to staying in generally decent hotels. I agree with a review I read that said that people should keep in mind that this is a hotel and not a resort. If you want a "resort feel" then you might not like the Renaissance. However, keeping in mind that it is more of a hotel feel, we had a great time and would recommend it to friends. There were some definite positives and a few negatives that I think people should consider before booking.

Pros
-The Private Island!!!!! Hands down made booking the Ren worth it! We traveled to both Eagle and Palm Beaches during our time in Aruba and definitely preferred the private island over both.
-We do not have children and wanted a relaxing vacation. The Marina hotel was perfect for this and we were pleasantly surprised that the private island had an adult only section, too.
-Although the room was a bit small, we requested a 6th floor room and were pleasantly surprised that it had extremely high ceilings that made it appear bigger. (our room was facing the lobby, so it was a bit noisy on some nights)
-The bed and pillows were great!
-The pool actually was much nicer than expected and the gym seemed brand new

Cons
-The bathroom was outdated and in need of a total makeover. The tub had obviously been reglazed and one day paint started chipping off in chunks on my soap. I have never stayed in a "nice" hotel where the bathroom was this bad.
-The area it is in really isn't the best--many of the restaurants we went to were in Palm Beach or Eagle Beach and there wasn't much to do at night. We felt a bit isolated since the other hotels are so much further away.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple