Stayed here Nov 11-18/13. Our 5th trip to Aruba, 1st time at this resort. Stayed here mainly for the private island, and would have to say although, its clean, staff is amazing, food was pretty good, I would not stay here again. I missed the tropical feel with views of the ocean and the beach. This hotel is right in town, the sister hotel the ocean suites would be a better choice.
Make sure you bring all hotel vouchers, as they tried to tell us we did not have all inclusive, and we had to prove it by showing our hotel voucher, which totally saved the day.
The rooms are very clean, never had to ask for extra towels which is a first. There are no wristbands, you have to show your hotel key, which you have to swipe for everything including the boat ride to the island. There is water in your room, which is supposed to be "included", but we were told to get bottled water from the bar, which is included and put it in your room. Otherwise the room water is $4.25 a bottle!! There is free wifi in the lobby, but there is no AC in the lobby and there is no breeze which makes it very hot and humid, hard to enjoy a drink, or email home when its so muggy. Downtown closes at 6pm, only the casino and the expensive shops stay open later. Everything closed Sunday. Down by the high rises is better shopping, and open later.
The best place to eat would be LG Smiths steak house, but be prepared all inclusive gives you only a limited choice at any of the restaurants or bars. Not really a lot of choice but you can upgrade by paying for these items. Also there is an added 15% tip on all bills, which get split by the staff, so for goodness sake, tip your servers. Some people didn't, and trust me you get much better service if you do.
The private island really is beautiful, we stayed on the adult side where the flamingos are, if you buy the fish food on the bridge(25 cents, bring lots of quarters with you) you can feed the fish under the bridge which include blow fish as well the flamingos eat this food as well, will eat from your hand. Lots of iguanas on this side as well. If you have fruity drinks, remove the cherries and orange wedges as the small lizards and large iguanas go crazy for these, and will climb up on your table to get them. Just take it out and toss it to them, and then they won't bother you. The water here is very rocky. The family beach is shallower, but no rocks. The private island is very close to the airport, so you hear jets landing and taking off all day long. Didn't enjoy that part.
The restaurant on the island the Popagayo is pretty good with several choices for lunch, including made to order pizza, shrimp, chicken pita, and haagen daaz ice cream. Service is slow, but very friendly, and its not like I was in a hurry anyway. Nice view as you sit and have lunch.
The best part of this private island experience was our waitress Maria!! She's the most hard working, friendly, and made our day in the sun so much more relaxing and enjoyable. She walks up and down the entire island, both adult and family sections, takes orders for lunch and drinks, and brings them to your palapa. She is amazing, always checking to see if you need anything! On her 1 day off, the beach was not the same. She always has a warm smile, and asks if you are enjoying your holiday, and if she can do anything for you! She even told me what to get at the grocery store for my bug bites. Look for Maria you won't be disappointed. And tip her!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Caribbean, it's right outside your door. Our luxury hotel in Aruba offers a perfect location steps from Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown boutiques, giving you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic. Get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite accommodation. Both provide exclusive access to a special discovery, Renaissance Island, with Aruba's only private beaches and a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino