The location is NOT on the beach. It is in the middle of downtown. The hotel was just redone. Very contemporary and simplistic. Construction is shotty. Exposed wires all over. Bill Marriott was just here. I am surprised that he didn't notice. Reported three times that the phone didn't work in the room. Was never resolved. The whirlpool in the room didn't work. Also reported three times. No resolution. Internet is hit and miss. Alacarte breakfast has great choices. The strong selling point is the private island. A boat goes out every 15 minutes. A beautiful ride on the bay. There are two beaches on the island and a wonderful lunch bar. Order the red snapper. Staff very very hospitable. Very clean.
There is a hertz on location. Want to save money? Book your car on line, not at the hertz desk.
Woke up,in the middle of the night with cigarette smoke coming through the ventilation system. Great shopping near the hotel.
I suggest the full service marriott on the island. That is where Mr. Marriott stayed!
The adult only rooms and beach are a wonderful treat. No kids screaming!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Caribbean, it's right outside your door. Our luxury hotel in Aruba offers a perfect location steps from Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown boutiques, giving you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic. Get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite accommodation. Both provide exclusive access to a special discovery, Renaissance Island, with Aruba's only private beaches and a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino