My sister and I stayed at the Renaissance Aruba Resort, Marina side adult only, hotel from may 7 - 13. I use the term "adult only" very loosely. Don't be fooled into thinking that there will be no children at this hotel. I saw children everywhere, everyday, ages a few weeks on up. They were on the escalator, elevator, in the bar, in the hotel restaurants (2), in the hotel reception area, and yes, even in the adults only pool area. They were running around unsupervised, even though there were parents with them. Due to a large number of elderly guests at this hotel, I was surprised none were run over by the children. The only place I did not see them was in the hallways outside rooms and in the actual rooms of the hotel. I inquired why this was happening in an "adult only" hotel and was informed the only thing "adult only" was the rooms where the guests slept! All I can comment is,"Buyer beware". If this is the case, the children may even have been on the private adult side of the beach. Since I chose to stay on the family beach (which was much nicer than the adult beach ) each day due to a couple of issues listed below, I can't comment on that.
I agree that rooms are nicely remodeled, there was plenty of hot water, the air conditioner worked perfectly, there was little time waiting for the boat to take guests to the private island, and we left money each day for the maids and never had a problem with getting towels, etc., had massage in spa and it was worth $100 US fee for 50 minutes. I won't continue commenting on other information already posted by fellow trip advisers, but I will comment on the following:
(1) If you take any kind of blow up beach toy, the towel shack by the family private beach will air them up for free.
(2) The flamingos on the adult beach do bite.
(3) There are ants on the adult beach and also on the beach at the Renaissance ocean suites.
(4) I got several bug bites. Don't know if it was mosquitos, gnats, no seeums, or what. Take bug bands and bug spray. After I used these I did not get anymore bites. I normally do not get bug bites.
(5) There is a room safe, but you will have a hard time reaching into it unless you are over 6 feet tall. The safe is located above the top shelf of the closet.
(6) Due to the high humidity it is very difficult to dry swimsuits. We finally hung our suits inside the room over the tops of the balcony window on hangers and closed the drapes each morning before we left in order to dry them. Be advised that the hanger clips do cause rust on your suit. We folded Kleenex under the clips to prevent damage to our suits.
(7) We left a wake-up call for our departure and received it on time.
(8) You will be called the night before you depart to comment on the hotel's service.
(9) We were given a free voucher for breakfast at the hotel Aquarius restaurant due to a mix up on needing 2 beds
(10) Smoking is allowed in the bar area and on the beach
(11) There is a DJ in the bar area from 5 - 8 p.m. each day, but if you are looking for entertainment in the hotel, the only thing will be the casino. no music in bar area after 8 p.m.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Caribbean, it's right outside your door. Our luxury hotel in Aruba offers a perfect location steps from Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown boutiques, giving you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic. Get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite accommodation. Both provide exclusive access to a special discovery, Renaissance Island, with Aruba's only private beaches and a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino