This hotel can be a little deceiving from the outside as it's in the middle of downtown and an older building. It's actually very nice inside - has a cool infinity pool, great lounge area and luxury shopping in the bottom of the hotel. It's also attached the a casino and has a fairly good restaurants - Aquarius being a little pricey for a buffet. You'll easily spend $40+ for the breakfast buffet. A lot of great restaurants, shopping, and another casino right across the street. Very convenient to airport and high-rise hotel area.
The private island is really fun and the boat ride over gives you a great view of the marina and the ocean. There are flamingos and iguanas everywhere but they won't bother you while you're sun tanning! Restaurant at the island is just ok.
Overall, the hotel was very nice and the rooms look to have been redone. My only complaint would be the tiny ocean view rooms. Also, the bathrooms are rather small with no closing door - only a sliding glass panel so hopefully you're comfortable with whoever is staying in the room with you. The shower doesn't have a door so be prepared to get water all over the floor. Bed is comfortable and the A/C gets nice and cold. All of the TV channels are in English - got to watch a lot of movies at night.
I would recommend the hotel to any fellow visitors but next time we might try staying in the high-rise hotel area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Caribbean, it's right outside your door. Our luxury hotel in Aruba offers a perfect location steps from Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown boutiques, giving you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic. Get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite accommodation. Both provide exclusive access to a special discovery, Renaissance Island, with Aruba's only private beaches and a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino