“Even better after last year”

Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
navarre, fl
“Even better after last year”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The renovations are done. The rooms are awesome. Clean, new furniture, very clean lines and comfortable. One of the few hotels I have stayed at that the thermostat set on 60 degrees gives you a room that is 60 degrees not 72 and never hit 60. Athmay Carter in front office has always ensured our stay was off the hook. She and the staff are awesome. We started with a massage and dinner package at Okeanos Spa 30 minutes after landing. In the sun by 8AM each day. Flamingos were awesome and really tame. View is exceptional and at peak, maybe 75 people on the island. We felt like we were at the Ritz. Trust me, the Marina hotel and Suites for families are the best Marriott properties on the island. Blue Bar has lost Raphael to Iowa, but Jacqueline is awesome. She remembers us each year and always has a smile and hug goodbye. We stayed 5 days, but should have stayed a week. Executive Rooms are worth the money, view and comfort were awesome. 1455 or 1456 are both great rooms. View of pool, bar and marina. Surprisingly, we were not bothered by music or DJ and bar was literally 20 feet away. We had a great time. This is a must stay hotel.

Room Tip: Room 1455, 1456, 1555, 1556 etc. are the best rooms. Starbucks cards don't work in lobby, but t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Spectre13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,012)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel can be a little deceiving from the outside as it's in the middle of downtown and an older building. It's actually very nice inside - has a cool infinity pool, great lounge area and luxury shopping in the bottom of the hotel. It's also attached the a casino and has a fairly good restaurants - Aquarius being a little pricey for a buffet. You'll easily spend $40+ for the breakfast buffet. A lot of great restaurants, shopping, and another casino right across the street. Very convenient to airport and high-rise hotel area.
The private island is really fun and the boat ride over gives you a great view of the marina and the ocean. There are flamingos and iguanas everywhere but they won't bother you while you're sun tanning! Restaurant at the island is just ok.
Overall, the hotel was very nice and the rooms look to have been redone. My only complaint would be the tiny ocean view rooms. Also, the bathrooms are rather small with no closing door - only a sliding glass panel so hopefully you're comfortable with whoever is staying in the room with you. The shower doesn't have a door so be prepared to get water all over the floor. Bed is comfortable and the A/C gets nice and cold. All of the TV channels are in English - got to watch a lot of movies at night.
I would recommend the hotel to any fellow visitors but next time we might try staying in the high-rise hotel area.

Room Tip: The ocean view hotel rooms are going to be smaller than the rooms that face the interior of the buil...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Society Hill SC
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Renaissance Hotel in Aruba is absolutely beautiful, the rooms are great with a sitting area, balcony. kitchen, large bath, a restful bedroom with luxury bedding. The pool is wonderfully landscaped with a man-made lagoon for you to swim in. It has a small shopping are next door with anything you might need. The Dutch Crepe House has fabulous crepes to tickle anyone's pallet. They is a paved walkway along the beach and you can easiely walk to the downtown are with it Dutch Architecture, and a bazzar with local suvioners. Being a Flight Attendant for 30 years, hotels mean a great deal to me. I highly recommend the Renaissance Hotel Resort.....Skyvixen

Room Tip: The Mini Suites are great along with a balcony
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank skyvixen1
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed 2 June 2014

FAB-U-LOUS!! There are two Renaissance Hotels in downtown Oranjestad, one for families and one for adults only. I stayed at the one for adults only that is located at the Marina. Now THIS is paradise. The prior week I stayed at The Marriott Ocean Club which is always nice, but the Renaissance was much more fun. As you exit the escalator one level up from the taxi drop-off and walk across to the reception desk, you will pass the bar/club adjacent to the open atrium. The bar is stylish, sophisticated, and is a great place for a cocktail, people watching, and just hanging out. The music plays late into the night, so if you are a light sleeper, get a room that isn't adjacent to the open atrium. In the evening as you return from the casino down the hall, stop by the bar for a night cap and enjoy it by the swimming pool, just above the bar. It's the perfect way to end the night.
From the glass elevators inside the hotel there is a view of the canal that comes into the hotel to pick up passengers by boat to ride to their private island. This is the best part of the hotel! It's a scenic and enjoyable 10 minute ride to the island, and then, PARADISE! There are several different areas to relax, swim, eat, shop, or sunbathe. The hammocks are comfortable and inviting in the adults only area; surrounded by pelicans and pink flamingos while the waves crash against the nearby rocks, it's easy to lose yourself in a fiction novel or take a relaxing snooze. I could have spent the night there. You can even get a massage sea-side. I didn't have my massage on the beach, but enjoyed a wonderful massage and pedicure at the spa inside the hotel.
Something I have never done before is order room service for dinner, breakfast the following morning, and lunch! I did this at the Renaissance and I have NEVER received a room service order(s) so FAST. I honestly don't think I waited even 15 minutes for any meal. Every meal was delicious and the service was terrific. Overall, this hotel is spectacular. I didn't mention the rooms, but they are spacious, beautifully decorated, and mine was quiet. Enjoy your stay!!!

Room Tip: My room was along the outer side of the hotel along a side street. I could see the marina from the...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank drlisas
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Amazing place for a destination wedding. Coordinating via email and phone can be frustrating, especially being 3 time zones away and dealing with "island time," however if we had to do it over 100 times, we would take this option 100 times more. The wedding package included use of the private island, ceremony on the secluded beach with flamingos and reception on the other beach a few steps away. Be warned - There are mosquitoes for about 45 mins when the sun goes down. Nobody gave us a heads up on this, but when we arrived on Renaissance island for our reception, there were cases of bug spray waiting.... This passed quickly though. This wont phases guests from the northeastern US who should escape unscathed, however the latino and SW US guests were feasted on. Sorry guys! Ive been going to Aruba for years and never seen anything like it, but apparently its a daily thing on Renaissance island.

I don't really care for downtown, as it is scorching hot during the day, no breeze and there aren't any beaches. They do have the private island mentioned above which is only for hotel guests during the day. You have to sit and wait for a boat to take you there if one isn't on standy-by. To me that's more work than i want to do in order to get to the beach when I'm staying on an island covered in beaches, however that is pretty much the closest option for the hotel. If you are willing to do that, go to Eagle, Arashi and Baby Beach for a day each and you will be glad you did. The casino is nice. The rooms were just ok and it was a bit noisy. It sounded like there was a fairly large group in the room next door, and we could hear every vulgar word when they woke up at 7am the next morning with the booze voices still on.

I was also lucky enough hit 4 kings in let it ride and my wife promptly earmarked half the winnings for a couples massage. Not going to lie - We get massages everywhere but you wont see many like this. Book the morning session. They take you out to the island, before anyone is there, bring you to the beach where the wedding ceremonies take place and walk you down the jetty where there is a private cabana/hut on the water, with showers, hammocks, lounge chairs and massage tables. There are 3 walls and the front is open facing the amazingly clear waters. You can poke your head around and see that there will be people on the beach but they cant see you and its too far away for you to hear them. After the massages came fruits and champagne. They left and told us to relax and stay as long as we wanted. Just hang the flag outside if you would like additional services. I dont know how long we ended up staying for but I'm pretty sure we both fell asleep feeling the ocean breeze. Probably the best massage session I've ever had, and I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to massages.

Overall, massage and wedding services are a 10 out of 5. Hotel room was a high 2 or low 3 (or at least ours was).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Well I admit it, I was wrong. I read all the reviews about the Renaissance Aruba and the reports of constant presence of children in the "adult exclusive" only areas. I wanted this to not be true. Perhaps chalk it up as isolated incidents but it's just not true. There were children EVERYWHERE! Including the private island where there is one side for families and one side that clearly states "adults only". And trust me, if you say something to the staff about this, they become hostile and refuse to address it. They just repeat over and over ..."dey are allowed to take pictures". If that was all they were doing...maybe I could overlook it, but it just isn't. Several families went over to the family side of the island, collected their beach items and returned to the adult side. The hotel just simply refuses to enforce these rules. You will not get what you pay for if you are looking for "adult only " vacation. Again, I say, I was hoping these other reviews were wrong..damn....

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
11 Thank skeetsmom
ArubaHospitality, Director of Operations at Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest -

Indeed, the adult side of our exclusive Renaissance island has flamingos which the kids love to take pictures & at times it becomes little difficult to request them not to.

We will ensure to reiterate our Adults only policy for that side of our Renaissance island.

Regards
Parimal Trivedi
Gaithersburg, Maryland
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I loved the Renaissance hotel. We stayed at the Marina which is for adults only and had the best time ever. The private island beach was exactly what honeymooners want; soft sand, beautiful view and a friendly waitstaff serving up daiquiris. Best vacation ever!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Marie N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
#2 of 6 in Oranjestad
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!