“Just An Amazing Vacation Here”

Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Renaissance Marina Hotel Aruba ***** 5 Stars Review

I just got back form this hotel and I have to admit that this was my best vacation I ever had and I also couldn't wait to write this review. Short but so wonderful.

The hotel is perfectly designed for single and adult couples or groups of friends. The restaurants Aquarius, Steak House including the Blu bar serves the most delicious appetizers, sushi, steak and cocktails not forgetting desert. I just loved it all.

The bartenders Alejandro, Arvin and Sujaley were just wonderful and they made the experience even better with their warm smiles and amazing service.

The pool is so relaxing and calm at evenings and the perfect end to a long tiring day. The rooms are cozy and neatly appointed with great ambiance and peace. Nothing beats your very own space on the Renaissance Private Island, from the live flamingos and the iguanas to the Papagayo restaurant which is perfect for lunch and cocktails. The boat ride to and from the island adds a touch of beautiful luxury to the ultimate experience. From shopping to casinos....you name it and its all there.

The marina hotel and the ocean suites compliments each other with different atmospheres and activities. The beauty of the Marina and the marketplace just adds value to this paradise hotel. Yes! Aruba is indeed paradise island. So let your next trip be with the Renaissance Marina Hotel and The Renaissance Ocean Suites. I just loved it and cant wait to return in October.

Thank you to the management and staff for making my vacation a lifetime of memories.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Virgin-TravelBuddy
Write a ReviewReviews (5,186)

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is nice. I think it actually looked better in pictures than it does in person. We are staying at the Marina, love the location of our room. HORRIBLE bar staff. Especially the older bartender with short hair. Three separate occasions she has ignored both my boyfriend and I. This is very aggravating, not something you want to experience on a vacation!! She's made eye contact, walked away, played on the computer then served someone else. Another time, we were the only two at the bar, she looked at us, turned the server and talked to her for 5 minutes before someone else had to come over and serve us. Seems like, if you don't speak Spanish she doesn't want to serve you. (Although she speaks flaunt English). The staff at the Ocean Suites were much better at their job.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WhyTravelThere
ArubaHospitality, Director of Operations at Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear oohsoolovelay,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the less than stellar treatment that you received at our lobby bar.
That these occurrences became the principal memories of your vacation on our property is totally unacceptable; we are truly sorry.
Rest assured that your review was discussed in detail with the bartender and with her supervisor so that this may never happen again.
We hope that you will return soon and let us demonstrate to you how we can and must pamper our guests.

Parimal Trivedi

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have never been to Aruba before but I usually stay at Marriott properties and it was on this basis I selected this hotel. I was there for one night and wished I could have stayed the week. The trendy and modern design of the room, the great service from the room service staff and the super easy check in and check out made this quick trip extremely memorable. I had a long flight getting there and the only thing that made give 4 instead of 5 stars is the fact that at 11:10pm I was told that room service was unavailable... Since it went until 11 I couldn't complain but they must have known I just arrived on a very delayed flight and a little concession could have been made in my opinion.... Nevertheless I would not hesitate to return, will just walk with a snack in the event I reach later than planned :)

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carnicherry
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The renovations are done. The rooms are awesome. Clean, new furniture, very clean lines and comfortable. One of the few hotels I have stayed at that the thermostat set on 60 degrees gives you a room that is 60 degrees not 72 and never hit 60. Athmay Carter in front office has always ensured our stay was off the hook. She and the staff are awesome. We started with a massage and dinner package at Okeanos Spa 30 minutes after landing. In the sun by 8AM each day. Flamingos were awesome and really tame. View is exceptional and at peak, maybe 75 people on the island. We felt like we were at the Ritz. Trust me, the Marina hotel and Suites for families are the best Marriott properties on the island. Blue Bar has lost Raphael to Iowa, but Jacqueline is awesome. She remembers us each year and always has a smile and hug goodbye. We stayed 5 days, but should have stayed a week. Executive Rooms are worth the money, view and comfort were awesome. 1455 or 1456 are both great rooms. View of pool, bar and marina. Surprisingly, we were not bothered by music or DJ and bar was literally 20 feet away. We had a great time. This is a must stay hotel.

Room Tip: Room 1455, 1456, 1555, 1556 etc. are the best rooms. Starbucks cards don't work in lobby, but t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spectre13
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This hotel can be a little deceiving from the outside as it's in the middle of downtown and an older building. It's actually very nice inside - has a cool infinity pool, great lounge area and luxury shopping in the bottom of the hotel. It's also attached the a casino and has a fairly good restaurants - Aquarius being a little pricey for a buffet. You'll easily spend $40+ for the breakfast buffet. A lot of great restaurants, shopping, and another casino right across the street. Very convenient to airport and high-rise hotel area.
The private island is really fun and the boat ride over gives you a great view of the marina and the ocean. There are flamingos and iguanas everywhere but they won't bother you while you're sun tanning! Restaurant at the island is just ok.
Overall, the hotel was very nice and the rooms look to have been redone. My only complaint would be the tiny ocean view rooms. Also, the bathrooms are rather small with no closing door - only a sliding glass panel so hopefully you're comfortable with whoever is staying in the room with you. The shower doesn't have a door so be prepared to get water all over the floor. Bed is comfortable and the A/C gets nice and cold. All of the TV channels are in English - got to watch a lot of movies at night.
I would recommend the hotel to any fellow visitors but next time we might try staying in the high-rise hotel area.

Room Tip: The ocean view hotel rooms are going to be smaller than the rooms that face the interior of the buil...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Renaissance Hotel in Aruba is absolutely beautiful, the rooms are great with a sitting area, balcony. kitchen, large bath, a restful bedroom with luxury bedding. The pool is wonderfully landscaped with a man-made lagoon for you to swim in. It has a small shopping are next door with anything you might need. The Dutch Crepe House has fabulous crepes to tickle anyone's pallet. They is a paved walkway along the beach and you can easiely walk to the downtown are with it Dutch Architecture, and a bazzar with local suvioners. Being a Flight Attendant for 30 years, hotels mean a great deal to me. I highly recommend the Renaissance Hotel Resort.....Skyvixen

Room Tip: The Mini Suites are great along with a balcony
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank skyvixen1
Reviewed 2 June 2014

FAB-U-LOUS!! There are two Renaissance Hotels in downtown Oranjestad, one for families and one for adults only. I stayed at the one for adults only that is located at the Marina. Now THIS is paradise. The prior week I stayed at The Marriott Ocean Club which is always nice, but the Renaissance was much more fun. As you exit the escalator one level up from the taxi drop-off and walk across to the reception desk, you will pass the bar/club adjacent to the open atrium. The bar is stylish, sophisticated, and is a great place for a cocktail, people watching, and just hanging out. The music plays late into the night, so if you are a light sleeper, get a room that isn't adjacent to the open atrium. In the evening as you return from the casino down the hall, stop by the bar for a night cap and enjoy it by the swimming pool, just above the bar. It's the perfect way to end the night.
From the glass elevators inside the hotel there is a view of the canal that comes into the hotel to pick up passengers by boat to ride to their private island. This is the best part of the hotel! It's a scenic and enjoyable 10 minute ride to the island, and then, PARADISE! There are several different areas to relax, swim, eat, shop, or sunbathe. The hammocks are comfortable and inviting in the adults only area; surrounded by pelicans and pink flamingos while the waves crash against the nearby rocks, it's easy to lose yourself in a fiction novel or take a relaxing snooze. I could have spent the night there. You can even get a massage sea-side. I didn't have my massage on the beach, but enjoyed a wonderful massage and pedicure at the spa inside the hotel.
Something I have never done before is order room service for dinner, breakfast the following morning, and lunch! I did this at the Renaissance and I have NEVER received a room service order(s) so FAST. I honestly don't think I waited even 15 minutes for any meal. Every meal was delicious and the service was terrific. Overall, this hotel is spectacular. I didn't mention the rooms, but they are spacious, beautifully decorated, and mine was quiet. Enjoy your stay!!!

Room Tip: My room was along the outer side of the hotel along a side street. I could see the marina from the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank drlisas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
4 mi away
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#20 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
#3 of 6 in Oranjestad
2 mi away
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino? Share your experiences!