We got a room in the renaissance through a time share exchange, so I cannot comment on the price. i like this hotel. First, the website of this hotel is not really clear the set up. There are actually 2 different buildings about 2 blocks away from each other. One is at the waterfront next to the casino. It is mainly for families. The other building is right in downtown and is for couples. It is behind the main road but you still can get ocean view.
We stayed in the the 'family" building. The check in was nice and quick. The room is actually a suite with decent size and clean. It has a small ktichen with stove. The swimming pool is nice and big. There is also a man-made beach at the hotel but the water is not that good. It is a good place to watch the sunset though.
The "couple" building looks nicer than the other one. There is a dock right inside the lobby area. The jellyfish behind the reception makes it look high class. I heard that the rooms are small though. The dock is for the complimentary water taxi going to the private island.
This private island is tremendous. The taxi ride is about 10 minutes long. The island is beautiful. It has 2 beaches; one for couples and the other for families. There is a ship wreck just outside of the "couple" beach. But the current is strong. You need too be a strong swimmer to snorkel there. The water at the beaches is calm as bath tub. The 'couple beaches has a few flamingoes wander around and there are iguana everywhere. Both kinds of animals are mild and they make the island so much more exotic.
There are a few good restaurants right next to the hotel. They are trendy with good food. you. Since the hotel is close to the downtown, you can walk around the downtown area and it is quite relaxing. If you are on budget. You can get grocery from the supermarket in the town to make lunch in the hotel room.
Although, it is away from the main hotel areas, the private island suit us well 'cos my wife does not like being in a crowd. The private island is perfect for her.
I would recommend renting a car and drive around the island for a day or 2. There are lots of stuff to see around the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino, we Live Life to Discover. Here in the heart of Oranjestad, you will find yourself in the middle of the excitement, and our entire staff is ready to inspire you. You don't have to go far to experience the real Caribbean, it's right outside your door. Our luxury hotel in Aruba offers a perfect location steps from Oranjestad's vibrant modern downtown boutiques, giving you endless opportunities to indulge your inner shopaholic. Get the thrill of a hand of poker in one of our two casinos, enjoy one of our RLifeLIVE events and revel in the Aruban culture in a way you can only experience from the heart of the city. The resort offers two distinct experiences, the hip and lively adult-exclusive Renaissance Marina Hotel and the Renaissance Ocean Suites, a sophisticated one-bedroom suite accommodation. Both provide exclusive access to a special discovery, Renaissance Island, with Aruba's only private beaches and a truly tropical experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Southall Travel, TravelUp, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Aruba Hotel Oranjestad
- Renaissance Aruba Resort And Casino
- Renaissance Hotel Aruba
- Renaissance Oranjestad
- Oranjestad Renaissance
- Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino