“Everything but quality of room vs cost is worthwhile to vacation there”

Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
Voorhees, New Jersey
“Everything but quality of room vs cost is worthwhile to vacation there”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Beach,staff excellent. Rooms need to be,updated, especially bathrooms in the Vista II building. Hotel food and rooms don't warrant high per room daily cost. Beach and staff exceptional and keep us going back every year

• Stayed February 2012
5 Thank PalmTreeMaria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Do not pay attention to the negative reviews on this resort! My fiance and I stayed at the Divi in March 2011, which I think is still during peak time. From the moment we checked-in, we were treated as part of the family. You're given wristbands that are to be worn throughout your stay indicating that everything you wish to eat or drink is already paid for. Obviously there were other people staying at the resort, but I wouldn't say it was overly crowded. We stayed in a second floor room with a balcony that overlooked the ocean. Be sure to make reservations for the restaurants as soon as possible once you arrive as they book up quickly. That being said, remember that you are also considered a guest at their sister resort, the Tamarijn, just a short walk down the beach. The Tamarijn also has some great restaurants and bars that are worth checking out. As other reviewers have said, the sunset viewing in Aruba is incredible, and the Divi is in the perfection location to view it.

The bars on the beach and at the resorts opened at 11am and closed around midnight from what I can remember. Try the brick oven pizza at the bar near the lobby at the Divi. Special thanks to Gilbert and the rest of the crew at the bars for a memorable vacation!

Tip: If you're a family with kids, stay at the Tamarijn, which is more kid friendly. If you're a couple, choose the Divi.

Room Tip: This is common sense, but ask for a room overlooking the ocean!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Brian O
Athens, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 27 December 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Divi All inclusive for our Honeymoon Dec 3-8th this year. I have been meaning to get on here and write review sooner but have been crazy. I researched a lot prior to choosing our hotel (we knew we wanted to go to Aruba). I'm not sure who the people are who are leaving the nasty reviews but they are obviously the type of peopel who just need to stay at the Ritz on a lake or something.
We had a pool view bottom level room with a patio and sliding glass doors. Yes, the rooms could use some updating but the bed was comfortable, the housekeeps cleaned room every day with new towels, etc.
We loved the beach and we were always able to find a chair or shade at the beach and pool. Most all of the bartenders, servers were friendly and helpful. The pizza/sandwich bar near the pool is great with exception of one new cook who you have to remind to get pizza out before it burns lol.
We also found the Sandpiper bar later in the week with hamburgers and pasta made in front of you that we loved. We only ate buffet for breakfast and it was good, lots of choices, cold or hot. We ate at the Parrot twice and it was delicious!!! We ate at Ginger and it was good too. We went across the street and did the special at Windows and it was delicious with great view but can get almost same food at Parrot. We didn't get to Papparazi or The Palm (where you cook your own food) but we head good things about both. We met a true italian who had been to Palm and he said it was "Carribean Italian" lol.
We strongly recomment the snorkle tour on the Palm Catamaran. It was a mid afternoon trip with drinks and snorkle gear. The hotel can help you make reservations. Got to snorkle an old ship wreck.
Some reviews say you can't get reservations easy to restaurants etc. We arrived on first day at hotel around 3 pm and got reservations at the Ginger that night. More shuttles available at night (to Tam etc.) All bartenders are very generous with the drinks and amt of alcohol!!! If you have any specific questions I am glad to answer!

Room Tip: Room 109 Is close to beach and pool!!! If you don't want security bothing you about double loc...
9 Thank Nell C
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 26 December 2012

We came here Christmas time. We stayed in garden view room because we rarely stay in the room during day time and at night every room is same to me. Room was ok but definitely not worth the money we paid for. Every time we took a shower a small lake was forming at the floor of the bathroom. Also the halls between rooms were always covered in puddles and dirt. We had to jump over them to get to the beach.

Open buffet was terrible. I've never seen such a poor selection and low quality in any of the all-inclusive resorts I stayed. I didn't enjoy any single dish I ate there. I don't know how they manage to ruin even the simplest dishes like omelets or scrambled eggs. I don't know if it is because of the oil they use or something but the taste of the food was awful. Also staff didn't do a good job of replenishing the depleted food containers in the buffet. Restaurants were a bit better but it is tough to get a reservation for meaningful hours because number of restaurants is inadequate given the number of rooms in the hotel.

Sea was ok when it wasn't wavy but it is not something spectacular. It is a regular Caribbean beach and it is a bit muddy. Picture of the hotel may get you excited but sea looks like this all over the west side when it is not wavy. Also huts by the beach are being taken by the guests at around 5am or something because I’ve never been able to get one regardless of how early I go there which is disappointing.

Serving stuff didn’t seem friendly. They were a bit dull and seemed as if they’re forced to work there. I’d have expected some smiling faces when they’re serving. I understand that they don’t have to have a warm attitude all the time but it is something you reflect on when you’re on vacation and you became depressed with them when they approach you like that. Also I don’t understand why the cart drivers race in the resort. They drive it way too fast and in couple occasions they were about to hit me and my wife walking on the road.

In summary, I don’t recommend staying in this hotel unless you have low expectations to begin with. This hotel provide just the bare minimum for all-inclusiveness. I paid Ritz-Carlton range money to the room partly because it was Christmas time but when you pay that much money you expect to get at least quarter of what you get in Ritz-Carlton. If I were to revisit Aruba I’d try my luck at high-rise hotels which I wasn’t able to this time as I was late to organize this trip and there wasn’t much availability up there.

Room Tip: We stayed at the far end of the buildings to the southeast of the hotel and they were far from resta...
3 Thank O A
Baltimore
Reviewed 26 December 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Divi resort. Overall, the resort was above average. In comparison to an all inclusive Dreams we have stayed at in the past, this was less superior.

We had a beachfront room, which was amazing because we could open our door and walk 100 feet onto the beach. The rooms were ok, and certainly could use some updating. As everyone has mentioned, you typically don't spend a lot of time in the room so we didn't really mind.

The food was mediocre. We had a horrible dinner at Paparazzi, but the dinner at Ginger was more an improvement. The pizzas at the beach bars were decent as well. If you are there, spend the money and dine at Windows on Aruba at the Golf Resort. Extraordinary food and a great view of a sunset!

The absolute best part of staying at Divi was the beach. We had decided to travel up north near all the high rise hotels during the day, and the beaches were absolutely packed! Tons of boats and tons of people surrounded the beaches. At Divi, we had the luxury of waking up at 7:30 and still being able to find a palapa to use for the day. I have stayed at resorts where you have to wake up at 5am to stake out a beach chair. Although there were people on the beach, Divi's was nowhere near as crowded and the water was much more relaxed and clearer.

If I were to return to Aruba, there appears to be more action up north but the beaches at Divi are nowhere near comparable.

3 Thank Kelrice
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 December 2012

My wife and I went to the Divi All Inclusive and found the location to be superb, right on the beach which is absolutly fantastic as is the ocean, picture postcard views of the sunset. Breathtaking.
The a la carte restaurants The Red Parrott, Ginger, Papperazzi are all very Friendly and serve excellent food although we had to book two days in advance to get a table, and if you didn't book early about 8am then unlikly to get a time that you want.
The only poor thing about the holiday was a large majority of the staff in the hotel seemed very surly and unfriendly, from the receptionist to the shop assistant and even one of the concierge staff found it hard to smile!! The bar staff just pointed at you to get your order and many times didn't even say a word when giving you your order... strange to say the least. The only friendly staff we found were in the a la carte restaurants, they were great, as was the food. One of the best things about this hotel that made the holiday great was the other holiday guests, a mixture of Dutch, American and British. A Fabulous crowd of people, If it wasn't for them the rude staff would've ruined our holiday... this is the only carribean destination we've been to where the staff have been like this. We have been to Bahamas, Antigua and Barbados and would return to any of those places tomorrow, but Aruba.... I,m not so sure, maybe another hotel purely because of the staff at The Divi.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank simon k
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2012

we loved divi all incllusive
would highly recomend this resort and cant wait to return here parrot restaurant is the best by far
filet steaks was the best this was my best holiday ever please visit aruba very soon

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank leo186525
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,935 reviews
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,642 reviews
Barcelo Aruba
Barcelo Aruba
#20 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,713 reviews
Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort

Been to Divi Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!