“Heaven on Earth!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Heaven on Earth!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We have just returned from our 3rd visit to the Divi. It is an amazing place. Relaxing, fun, and the most beautiful beach on the Island. The rooms are nothing fancy but they are perfect to just sleep in. The staff are all friendly and courteous. They will do anything to make your stay as perfect as possible.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Tracy41277

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 October 2013

AWESOME BEACH on ONE HAPPY ISLAND! Plentiful expanse of old palms + flowering trees===gorgeous! Beach is wide with soft sand. Picturesque shoreline==long=== perfect for beach walkers :) Very peaceful without high-rise buildings.
Look for the blue iguana!
Trip # 4 to the Divi. Lovely staff=truly beautiful friends away from home. Many upgrades since last year throughout the entire resort: refurbished room, new lounge & bar chairs, lighting effects, Pelican (main buffet restaurant) sported modern tables/chairs + new kitchen to offer a variety of fresh food. The special of the day always delish!

Room Tip: Casita/beach side rooms the best for beach lovers or persons who want to minimize footsteps navigati...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WILDJIMW
Bourne End, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

WELL WHAT CAN I SAY ARUBA a fantastic and beautiful island my wife and I [ we got married in the civic house ] then on the beach the staff at the divi are very helpful the views from the rooms on to the sea is mega the wedding people are fantastic we recommend you hire a car to travel the island at ease go and spend time at baby beach and visit big mama for a great evening meal go to the Cunucu House restaurant sit and enjoy this is one holiday that you will saver perfect weather perfect peace perfect people perfect life ENJOY

Room Tip: ground floor in vista 1
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GRAHAM I
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We recently returned from our dream wedding and vacation at the Divi Aruba All-Inclusive and we couldn't have ever imaged the trip would be as amazing as it was!!! I have always wanted to have a destination wedding so did not waste any time researching as soon as we got engaged. I pretty much researched every island and hotel in the Caribbean. We ended up selecting the island of Aruba based on the fact that it is a relatively small and very safe island. Most importantly for me, it hardly ever rains in Aruba which was my biggest fear - I had always dreamed of having my wedding right on the beach and rain could really hinder that. Aruba did not disappoint! It was ABSOLUTELY perfect weather the entire time we were there except the very last night, after 8pm we had rain. When it came to hotel selection, I knew we wanted to do an All-Inclusive since we were traveling with a group of 44 friends and family - I just really wanted it to be a stress-free, fun trip for all. Other all-inclusive resorts on the island I considered were the Rui and Occidental Grand. While both of these looked nice, they are in the high-rise section while the Divi is in the low-rise sections. We did visit them while were there and I was so pleased we choose the Divi in the low-rise. The high-rise section beaches are crowded and feel a bit more like South Beach in Miami compared to the HUGE, beautiful, spacious, never crowded beach at the Divi and Tam. We had an ocean front room but many of our guests had garden view and were still literally steps from the gorgeous beach and ocean. Make no mistake, this is not the Ritz Carlton, as you will see in other reviews below. Some of the rooms smell a bit musty and are in need of some renovations - which they are in the process of doing now - so if you are picky about your room, I suggest booking the Oceanfront Lanai rooms which my mom stayed in and are new and very nice. We however, spent as little time as possible in our room because we did not want to be anywhere but on that beach!!

As for the wedding day, I could write a novel but it was simply perfect! My bridesmaids and I had a nice breakfast and headed over to the salon where we all got our hair and make-up done. They did a great job and even hand-picked flowers for right outside for some of my bridesmaids up-dos. After that we had a break for lunch and met our photographers, Cassandra and Mark with Crooze Photography, at the Bunker Bar where we took such cute, islandly photos. Cassandra and Mark were AMAZING!!! We could not have asked for better photographers and everyone who sees our photos cannot believe that the back drop is even real! They are priced a bit higher than others you may find on the island but if photography is important to you, which it really was for us, please trust me that they are well worth it!! They posted 44 pictures the morning after the wedding on facebook. Typically you don't even get to see any pictures until months after. This was great because it allowed our guest at home who couldn't make it to feel like they were part of it.

The ceremony was held right on the beach in front of the Sandpiper Bar and the reception followed after in the same area. It was truly perfect from start to finish. Some people worry about the wind in Aruba but we were appreciative of it because it helped with the heat. It was the most beautiful location for a ceremony I could have ever asked for. We had the reception right on the beach as well and used the Sandpiper Bar area for drinks and the buffet. For the dance floor, they patted down the sand for us. I was nervous about this but read a review from another destination wedding that said "you have the rest of your life to dance on the floor - dance on the beach." I am so glad we did! Although it was a nice workout by the end of the night, all of our guests had a blast and it really added to the beach atmosphere. The DJ was great and listened to our requests, bartenders and servers were great and the food was excellent - the best we had all week!!! The Coconut Grouper was favored by all but there were tons of other options as well (and we choose the lowest tier of the buffet packages). Immediately after the wedding ending everyone ran into the ocean (yes, in their clothing) - it was a blast!

From the beginning of the planning until our post-wedding meeting after, we worked with Aruba Weddings for You which is on-site. I worked mostly with Alliene de Jong and also communicated with Inge during the planning and Mandy who assisted Alliene the day of the wedding. They were all fabulous!!! Please know that these ladies are busy and you will not always get a response within the same day or even week. However, trust that the day of will be absolutely wonderful. There was nothing these ladies were not willing to do for us - including our request for Peanut Butter & Jelly cake which I truly did not expect a yes on! We brought a whole bunch of decorations with us, which Alliene and Mandy happily set up for us the day of (the setting is so beautiful you do not need much). During our pre-wedding meeting the day before we went over everything in detail and it really put me at ease that we were in good hands. We didn't have the centerpieces figured out until the day before when Alliene went through the storage unit and found some nice vases which she cleaned for us and filled with sand and flowers. They turned out beautifully. Alliene and Mandy were also there from about 1pm on the day of the wedding, through the entire ceremony and reception, and after to clean up and store our things for us until the post wedding meeting. They truly made everything seamless and although they told me afterwards that there were a few minor hick-ups I had absolutely no idea, nor did my guests, on the day of the wedding. As I was walking down the aisle, I let Mandy and Alliene know that two people we had met on the Jolly Pirate Ship the day before (a MUST do snorkeling/rope swing excursion!!) and extended invites to had shown up and we needed two more chairs - they accommodated without hesitation!

We had the wedding at the beginning of the week and stayed at the Divi for another 5 nights after, along with most of our guests. We had the time of our lives! It is a great resort for all ages! Some reviewers discuss the dinner reservations being a problem but we never had any issues - they accommodated 40 of us one night in the Red Parrot for a pre-wedding dinner at no extra charge and other nights we made reservation of 14, 8, you name it, they accommodated us. Although this was my first all-inclusive, others in our group had traveled to Mexico, Punta Cana, and other islands and said the food was the best of all the AI's they had stayed at. You can also drink the water straight from the tap. No horror stories of people getting sick from food or water!!

I could go on and on but this review will get even longer than it already is. Aruba Weddings for You has my contact information and permission to give it to any other Bride's who would like more information or to see more pictures from me. I found it hard to find reviews from others when planning so am happy to be a resource for future Divi brides - just ask them to put you in contact with me if you would like to hear more! - Krystal 10/13/13

Thank you Divi Aruba! We WILL be back someday soon!

Room Tip: If you are picky about your room choose Ocean Front Lanai. We stayed in Vista 1 and 2 and although a...
10 Thank Krystal N
abergavenny
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I chose this hotel to go away for my wife's birthday, we were more than happy!
We booked a bungalow with a sea view, the room had recently been decorated and a the bathroom had also been refurbished to a good standard.
The food at the buffet restaurant and the themed restaurants were very nice, with plenty of choice. It was also nice to see this all inclusive hotel with good quality brand drinks, and a decent choice of wines available. A major bonus was that there were no ques for food/drinks and booking the restaurants.
What we really loved was the peace and quiet, loads of space to relax, a truly fantastic beach, a safe sea to swim in, and stunning sun sets. We also felt very safe walking outside the hotels and using the local bus service, very friendly locals!

Room Tip: Book one of the bungalows, quiet with under 30 steps to the beach!!
3 Thank tmrboon
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The Divi actually surprised me. It was an excellent stay and the staff was always helpful. Anywhere you stay you are pretty much on the beach and an easy walk to the Tamarijn if you are having dinner there.

There are a lot of positives and I would definitely recommend staying here. Rooms were clean and comfortable, the bartenders were all friendly and plenty of room on the beach. All you could want in nice relaxing vacation.

My only negatives were the booking for dinner at restaurants. You can only book two days in advance which i had read in reviews previously so was not surprised. But the big problem I had with it is when I tried to book 1 day before they told me they had no availability and I passed by the restaurant on my way to another and it was half empty. I really feel the biggest thing they need to work on is how they handle the restaurants and the reservations.

The food was fine and is what you would expect nothing fantastic but much better then buffet.

Overall a great trip just please fix your reservations policy.

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 20 October 2013

At first sight I was a little bit disappointed, because the resort doesn't have the ritzy feeling of some other resorts, but one day there changed my entire perspective. We had an ocean view room, but I've never been so close to the beach staying in a hotel. The room was nothing special, but very clean. The food though, is exceptional. Red parrot was our favorite restaurant, but others didn't disappoint either. The most beautiful beach on the island is in front of this hotel. And it was never, ever crowded. We loved this place so much, that we bought an apartment, and we'll be coming back every year. I highly recommend this hotel, friendly staff, good food, peace and quiet after 11pm, waking up in paradise.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are actually closer to the beach then beach front rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank irifinco
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Barcelo Aruba
Barcelo Aruba
#20 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort

Been to Divi Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!