Overall, a great trip. We walked along this side of the beach with the other low rise hotels as well as the high rise area, and this is definitely the place to be if you want a relaxing laid back vacation. There is hardly anyone on this beach and the high rise area has a ton more people and is not as beautiful if you ask me. Clear blue water and white sand. Don't worry about looking up the weather. Even if it's not perfectly sunny everyday it's hot and the rain and clouds go by so quickly! We took a quick cab ride to the hotel. You can also take a bus, but it just takes longer.
Friendly bartenders, especially Raphael. He is great! Some of the other staff could definitely be more helpful and friendly. We had a trail of ants in our room one night. We looked out of our front door, and there were a ton of ants. We called the front desk (night audit woman). She transferred us to housekeeping. We then tried to call the front desk over and and over again no answer. We then went down to the front desk and she said housekeeping was gone for the day. Then why did she transfer us to them? She said she had no spray and no access to it. She offered us another room to go into, but it was right next to ours! We looked at just the front door of the room. Still a ton of ants! She didn't even call afterwards to ask if our new room was ok. Absolutely no follow-up. We then saw someone (looked like the head of housekeeping) spraying the next morning outside of the "new room" we were supposed to move to. We asked her if she could spray outside of ours. She gave us an attitude and was like you're the ones who called last night? She said that's nature. Why not just said sure I will spray? That may be nature for you, but it's not where I come from in Chicago. Also, I did see two cockroaches while on property. Not sure if this is "nature?" Be prepared to see lots of lizards and birds too during your buffet breakfast and buffet lunch meals.
The pool and beach are really what make this property. Food is good, not great, but then again it is an all inclusive. It's nice having access to the Tam so you have more options for food/bars. The Tam is not as nice though.
Go to the butterfly farm! Very cool and interesting. Overall, not a whole lot to do in the area, but the beach is what makes this trip.
The service of some of the employees at the front desk and housekeeping as well as the outdated rooms would be what could possibly prevent me from returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mile-long beach is just the start. Enjoy breezy, sunny days strolling along the shore or relaxing pool side with a cocktail. The Divi Aruba is a refuge of relaxation, do as little or as much as you like. The atmosphere is laid-back both day and night. There are activities ranging from pool volleyball, to snorkeling to sunfish sailing. The nights heat up with theme shows including carnival, limbo and salsa dance lessons. Select from a variety of restaurants, bars and lounges, most right by the water's edge. All Inclusive Amenities: • All meals and snacks throughout the day at your choice of 10 dining options • Unlimited beverages at 8 bars • Guest accommodations just steps from the sand • Accommodations with a patio or balcony • Four freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Complimentary Wi-Fi • Bikes (child, youth and adult sizes) • Lit tennis courts for night play • Divi Winds Sports Center with 30-foot rock climbing wall and fitness center • Taxes and service charges ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, TravelUp and Agoda so you can book your Divi Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba All Inclusive Resort
- Aruba Divi Divi
- Divi Aruba Beach Resort