My wife and I visited the Divi last month. Overall I have to say I loved staying here even with a few minor negatives. This is a beautiful beach. My wife and I went to the high rise area to compare our beach to those and the Divi is the best I saw. This was during low season and the high rise area wasn't crowded but still had a lot less open area. At high season the high rise area would be awful unless you are 21 and like shoulder to shoulder crowds. The food was good not great but since there are many Americans the food definitely is more geared to our palate than say Punta Cana. The Red Parrot was outstanding. The crowd here was pretty diverse - some honeymooners ; couples with young children ; and then couples in their 40s;50s and 60s. Not a big singles scene.
Let me make a statement here in comparison of Aruba to Punta Cana /DR since I bet many are looking at the all inclusive Caribbean vacation option. I stayed at a very nice resort the previous year in the DR. The price was comparable but other than the room I would have to give Aruba my vote hands down. The food is better by far, the beaches are prettier and nicer; no bug issues; don't have the fear of dysentery from drinking the water; this is an island with one of the best standard of living in the Caribbean so there is the safety issue. Always felt very safe everywhere I went on the island. One final note in comparison - in the DR every frozen drink comes out of a pre made dispenser. I know many folks believe that the drinks there are weak or almost alcohol free unless you ask the bartender to apply an extra shot. At the Divi every frozen drink is made to order in a blender so you see alcohol being added. There are specials every day and the drinks were very good. I plan on returning here despite the negative issue I mention below.
Here are the negatives: Wifi charge is ridiculous and excessive. There should be a free wifi area in the lobby and if you wish to pay for access in the room then pay for that. This is almost 2014 and this isn't a low budget hotel. The rooms need updating - in the states these are below a standard Hampton Inn level - they were clean just very basic. However you spend very little time there. The safe is a joke....charging $2 a day and having to haul a key around is also ridiculous. They should have modern safes in the closets. Finally, a negative on the pizza area. These are beautiful gas flame pizza ovens but the pizzas are really below average . I know you are saying right now - why would I expect good pizza in Aruba? It's just the equipment is there but they use pre made pizza discs with the consistency of styrofoam then add cheese & sauce. One final note is that they don't work hard to prevent birds from hanging around that bar area. It's unappetizing to see birds in the rafters above the area where food is being served. Then swooping in and out looking for crumbs when the bartender/chef walk away. I'm sure there are preventive measures to keep them away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mile-long beach is just the start. Enjoy breezy, sunny days strolling along the shore or relaxing pool side with a cocktail. The Divi Aruba is a refuge of relaxation, do as little or as much as you like. The atmosphere is laid-back both day and night. There are activities ranging from pool volleyball, to snorkeling to sunfish sailing. The nights heat up with theme shows including carnival, limbo and salsa dance lessons. Select from a variety of restaurants, bars and lounges, most right by the water's edge. All Inclusive Amenities: • All meals and snacks throughout the day at your choice of 10 dining options • Unlimited beverages at 8 bars • Guest accommodations just steps from the sand • Accommodations with a patio or balcony • Four freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Complimentary Wi-Fi • Bikes (child, youth and adult sizes) • Lit tennis courts for night play • Divi Winds Sports Center with 30-foot rock climbing wall and fitness center • Taxes and service charges ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Divi Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba All Inclusive Resort
- Aruba Divi Divi
- Divi Aruba Beach Resort