We were welcomed with a bottle of water and the receptionist's quickly informed us about the extra charges should we loose the all inclusive wristband and/or towelcards. It would have been nice with a short guided tour of some of the area/facilities, but we were swiftly showed our room.
After the first night we discovered some smell of mould. The second night, we both got a bad throut and problems breating. We then found out the ceiling was covered in mould. We made a complaint to the receptionist and were told that the hotel was full. We, at the earliest, could be looking at getting a new room the next day. We then got offered a really ugly, urine stinking room in the midst of a working area which we refused to accept. Back again at the reception, we said we wanted to contact our travel agent, Ving. As a result we got offered another room, and this time (on our third day) we accepted and stayed for the rest of the holiday.
In this room we had approx. 8 hangers, although there were two closets; one without hangers (which is not enough when staying for 2 weeks). It was a bit annoying having to spread the clothes on the sofa and elsewhere. As mentioned by others the room was cleaned perfectly every day.
Most of the food (buffet at Divi All Inclusive, the Red Parrot and Ginger) was fresh and tasted ok. It was a positive experience to be served alcoholic drinks with well known brands as we did not expect that. In spite of this we did drink mostly water as we normally do not drink much alcohol. However we did not expect asking for water would be such a big issue for the staff at the buffet restaurant. It felt like what we should have ordered was soda or wine. We had many (almost every meal) bad experiences related to asking for water and had to wait for a long time (for the first glass and for refills).
The staff at the buffet restaurant (at least 80%) should have been more professional. They did not welcome us, they did not smile (we did, and said hello), they laughed loud and pointed at us/other guests (from far away). We noticed many Americans was taken very good care of in a favourable manner, while we did not get the same treatment by far. Rather we were bumped into while seated and when passing through the tables. Other non-Americans complained about bad service at the buffet and it was so obvious the Americans were “tipping” the most.. Still, we could not quite understand this since we did not get any “positive” reaction or service even after tipping the same woman/man for several days. The same bad attitude continued.
Three days before our departure my wife was seriously food poisoned in the buffet restaurant. Directly after finishing dinner (Mexican food theme) she got acute nausea and experienced vomiting for 12 continuous hours.
Sadly this was not a memorable stay, and it would be wrong to recommend this hotel.
Still – we would like to send a warm greeting to the bell-boy; he is indeed the most smiling and positive man on the island!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The mile-long beach is just the start. Enjoy breezy, sunny days strolling along the shore or relaxing pool side with a cocktail. The Divi Aruba is a refuge of relaxation, do as little or as much as you like. The atmosphere is laid-back both day and night. There are activities ranging from pool volleyball, to snorkeling to sunfish sailing. The nights heat up with theme shows including carnival, limbo and salsa dance lessons. Select from a variety of restaurants, bars and lounges, most right by the water's edge. All Inclusive Amenities: • All meals and snacks throughout the day at your choice of 10 dining options • Unlimited beverages at 8 bars • Guest accommodations just steps from the sand • Accommodations with a patio or balcony • Four freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Complimentary Wi-Fi • Bikes (child, youth and adult sizes) • Lit tennis courts for night play • Divi Winds Sports Center with 30-foot rock climbing wall and fitness center • Taxes and service charges ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Divi Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Divi Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba All Inclusive Resort
- Aruba Divi Divi
- Divi Aruba Beach Resort