“Perfect!!”

Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This was a special holiday for us, our 25th wedding anniversary. We couldn't have picked a better hotel. Everything was absolutely perfect. The staff at the hotel were wonderful and so friendly and helpful...nothing was too much trouble. We were so happy there for our two week holiday we didn't want to leave. Will definitely be thinking of going back when we can.

Room Tip: The room we had was in the veranda which was very close to both pools, beach and bars but not too cl...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Luthien6

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here with my husband and 2 boys, ages 13 & 6. Typically we do not stay at an all inclusive but we wanted the easy, relaxing vacation. Our room was at the Tamarijn suites at Dutch Village. We booked rather late so this was all that was available. As it turned out we had a huge suite that was perfect for our family. What I loved about the resort is how it is spread out between the Tamarjin and the Divi. For breakfast we ate at the Tamarjin buffet, for lunch we took advantage of the various grills throughout the resort. Dinner was back to the buffet..we ate at the Red Parrott one night and it was mediocre at best so we stuck with dinner buffet for the rest of the trip. The food is OK but the convience of not going into town and deciding where to go was what we wanted. Coming from Brooklyn we know food and that is not what we came for. Also, being big walkers for us walking along the beach from the Divi to the Tarmarjin was the way to go,we wouldn't even consider taking the shuttle. Now what we came for was the weather..and it was perfect, sunny and breazy every day. The sea was spectacular, always found a spot on the beach, getting rafts, noodles and snorkeling equipment was never a problem. The staff was nice and accommodating, plenty of bars through out. The resort is simple, clean and relaxing. Next time I would book a room at the Tamarjin past the coconut bar where it is a bit quieter. Starring at the sea and swimming all day is what we did. At night the shows where entertaining and my boys loved playing pool and ping pong. The only excursion we did was the submarine tour in town. Pricey but worth it..you go down 150 feet and the sea life is incredible. A true experience. I would highly recommended this resort if you are looking for easy, relaxing stunning beach.

Room Tip: Top floor of the Tamarjin..better view, more private.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank steph1523
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was my first vacation completely solo and to a place I've never been and I'm so glad I chose the Divi. The trip to the hotel from the airport was quick and friendly. (I booked ahead of time as per their recommendation). Upon arrival I was greeted by friendly, smiling staff and told my room wasn't available so they were upgrading me to a suite at Tamarijn (their sister hotel next door) for the night!!!! Yes please!!!

The rooms were just ok. Window had a huge crack in it and floors were dirty. However, I didn't go there for an amazing hotel room.

All of the bars were usually busy but that didn't stop the bartenders from introducing themselves, learning my name (they knew it by day 2!) and shaking my hand. Drinks were great and free flowing. Try the Balashi its the local Arubian beer. It's a light lager but had more flavor than I expected. The bartenders will have your second drink in front of you before you ever order it. The drinks are also name-brand and mid shelf unlike some other all-inclusive places.

The food is ok. The bar closest to the entrance at Divi makes great little pizzas and sandwiches throughout the day and they have ice cream but it's not on display on the menu you have to ask for it. The buffet is good for breakfast with lots of choices and egg station, but just so-so for lunch and dinner. Red parrot is good for sit-down dinner and I enjoyed the Italian place, Paparazzi, at Tamarijn as well. (You need to make reservations for both).

The best meal I had the whole trip was off-site at Windows on Aruba at the Divi golf course. Just a quick golf-cart ride or walk and you have spectacular views and fine dining. This is not included in your all-inclusive but for only $35, you get a three course dinner that is truly top-notch. I had a delicious arugula salad, Chilean sea bass and a vanilla cheesecake for dessert. Trust me, its worth the extra money.

THE BEACH! The beach is amazing. Crystal clear water, white sand and lots of space. If you want to reserve yourself a palapa (umbrella), though, apparently you need to get out there at 6am and stake your claim with towels and beach bags, otherwise by the time you go around 9 or 10, every one is taken. I didn't mind because I wanted to be in the sun. There are still lots of chairs around. The pool isn't bad either, but there aren't a lot of chairs. It was windy while I was there but I could still feel the beautiful sun. All of the rooms (especially ocean view) are a hop, skip and a jump from the beach. You can't beat the location.

The nightly entertainment was a bit dated for my taste, but couples older than me seemed to enjoy it. There are also pool/ping pong tables, hammocks, bicycles and a gym.

I always felt safe and didn't feel the need to leave the property for anything. It stays quiet at night and the a/c worked great in my room. They make a big deal out of locking your sliding door but what kind of idiot would leave it open, anyway???

My only complaint (besides just ok food) is when I went to leave the shuttle was coming at 1pm. I showed up literally at 1:02 and it had already left and the bag boy made such a big deal about how I was inconveniencing him because he had to call them to swing back around. It made me feel awful about 2 MINUTES!!! In the customer service industry, the customer isn't necessarily always right, but at least you can be helpful and not make me feel worse than I already did.

I would definitely go back to Aruba, but maybe might try somewhere else. Who knows?

Room Tip: Definitely go for ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Lexy R
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We visited Aruba in December 2012 and could not wait to go back! We stayed at the Divi Tamarjin both times. On our second visit, we requested to have the same 2 rooms we had the first time and we were thrilled they could make that happen. There is nothing like rolling out of bed and onto the beach every day!! The hotel rooms are not fancy and are pretty dated with their decor but who cares when you are there to experience the gorgeous blue water and white sandy beach??!!! If you request a room on the bottom floor, you are literally 20 steps from the beach off of your patio. Because you can use the ameneties at their sister property down the beach, you don't run out of places to eat although we did have dinner at the Flying Fishbone which is definitely recommended for both food and ambiance. The Divi is definitely a great place to bring your family for a great value for an all-inclusive vacation. The staff will take good care of you and you can feel very safe having your teenagers wandering around the property without constant supervision. In fact, you can feel very safe around the island as there is very little of the desparate poverty you see on other tropical islands. We took the bikes offered for free at the hotel and rode about 4 miles and never felt the least bit uncomfortable. We love Aruba and highly recommend it to families or for a romantic getaway for a couple.

Room Tip: Request the bottom floor so you can quite literally step off your patio and onto the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie C
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just returned from a week of pure paradise at the Divi all inclusive Aruba. We had one of the honeymoon suites with a water view and patio that opened up to the ocean. Honestly, just 20 feet from our room we could splash in the most incredible crystal blue water. Going the first week of June had its advantages as it's the start of their slower tourist season. The weather was incredible (which it always is) but with the trade winds 90 felt like 70! We didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to run out to the beach to reserve chairs, reservations were a breeze to secure at the on-site restaurants as well as those we ventured off to enjoy on our own. Staff became our friends [Tiko - we will be back! - He made the best rum runners on the planet]. Highly, highly recommend whether you're heading out for your honeymoon or just a couples retreat. Lots of families too who seemed to equally enjoy the facilities.

Jack and Julie (Massachusetts)

Jack and Julie

Room Tip: Any room at the Divi from 407 to 419 has an awesome water view and 1st floor access.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Julie W
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Came to Divi for our 'mini-moon' in October '13. The hotel is OK, rooms were dated, but you are not coming here for the rooms ... the beach is BEAUTIFUL. This was my first trip to Aruba, and I could not imagine staing anywhere else. We ate dinner here 2x and ventured out to other restaurants on the island. The food at the hotel is not 5-star, but it is not inedible. The service at the hotel is not what we have experienced at other all-inclusives. Tipping here did not make any difference in the level of service you receive (FYI -we always tip). The hotel should definitely consider adding wait-service to the beach. Overall, it was a good stay. If you are looking for luxury - this is not the place. If you are looking for one of the best beaches in Aruba, this is definitely the place for you!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CMH1013
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Went with my husband and starting the holiday on the new Dreamliner was excellent in economy. Immigration was quick and easy and hotel check-in happened on the bus even without us knowing (brilliant). Given loads of info in free beach bags too. Accommodation in a garden bungalow with partial sea view was excellent; daily cleaning was superb and fresh towels whether we wanted them or not. The location on Druif Beach was great and the beach was as good as we had been led to believe. When they said it was breezy all the time they weren't joking, you really do have to hang on to your hat!, still it does keep you nice and cool. The surf was surprisingly strong coming in to the beach making it difficult to swim which was the only disappointment, and we did get knocked off our feet once jumping over a wave.

Choice of food was excellent and visits to 4 speciality restaurants were unlimited! The All-Inclusive drinks were all premium brands (none of the cheap stuff) too. Had a lovely evening dinner at the Windows on Aruba restaurant overlooking the golf course (cost an extra $35 each but was worth it for the fine dining experience).

There was quality international entertainment every evening between the Divi and its sister hotel the Tamarijn so there was always something to watch., and with the little shuttle service every 5 minutes you could get to see the entertainment in both hotels! What we liked about it was that the entertainment started at 6.30pm every day for adults with a band or musician of some sort. I think you would struggle to keep kids entertained in the evening as they didn't seem to have anything for them, but if you are just adults its perfect.

I must mention that Karen the Thomson Rep was brilliant the whole time, and when I wasn't very well during the second week she really went the extra mile for us., nothing was too much trouble for her.

Went for a day trip to De Palm Island and can recommend the Sea Trek. As a not very good swimmer myself I was able to do and see things under the water I never thought possible. You climb down a ladder to about 30 feet with a diver beside you all the way and then spend about 30-45 mins down there (brilliant). There were shoals of enormous blue parrot fish swimming around the island (great for snorkelling).

All in all it was a brilliant time at the Divi in Aruba and we've recommended it to loads of people.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Divi Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!