“Best Beach Ever!!!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
Hartsville, Tennessee
“Best Beach Ever!!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed at the Divi July 26-Aug 1, 2014. The flight from Nashville to Aruba via Delta Airlines was great. I landed in Aruba at 11:30 and had to go through customs which took about 1.5 hours, by the time you retrieved your bags. From there I had a motor coach transfer to the Divi. Upon arrival, the pictures did not do it justice, nor the view from the open air reception. My 2nd floor lanai room was ready and I was taken there after about a 15 minute intake with the front desk. From that moment on it was true relaxation. My room was cleaned daily and the room was very comfortable. If you tend to be hot natured, might I recommend you taking a portable fan, as I did. The only amenity that I wanted that they do not provide is room service/beach service (I left it on the suggestion card). The selection of food was OK and you do have to make reservations to eat at the restaurants. My favs were Ginger and Papparazi both at the sister resort, Tamarin. I also had hotdogs and pizza, that you just can't go wrong with having an "all day" beach day. The casino was fun and as getting better about traveling solo, I always meet extraordinary people from other countries and from the states. I usually walked to and from the Tamarin as it was a quick 10 minute walk and who doesn't need some exercise? The beach and the water is the best I have experienced so far, beautiful and amazing. Be sure to bring the sunscreen as it is HOT even with the 20-30 mph trade winds. All in all, I will definitely return and have recommended it highly to others. Thank you Wright Travel (Susan Fithian) for making this trip even more spectacular.

Room Tip: All lanai rooms are beach front and just a few steps from the beach. I like the second level. I know...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank LotsOfTravelToGo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (654)
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a week. Great service, staff always attend you with smile, very easy to get a drink and to book tables in the restaurants. Great variaty of restaurants, from italian to Caribbean, there is one Thai and one speciallized in grill and bbq.
This is 20 minutes walking from town centre, but you can easily get minibus or bus.
Rooms are cleaned everyday, but they should be updated, air-condition works 24h a day and there are ice machines near the rooms.
The beach its just breath taking!!!! very clean and the the water cristal clear!
If you want a bed near the pool make sure you wake up around 5:30am to get a spot!! disgusting!! people wake up to put their towels on and then they go back to sleep, sometimes the towels are there all day without being used, sad but true.
Overall was a great experience that i recommend

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JonnMarques
Loughton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Well we arrived back in the uk on Wed19/08/14 and already want to go back
what a fantastic hotel with quality food/ service and stunning beach friendly atmosphere and a truly lovely Island
al a carte food from 4 restaurants
clean rooms

Room Tip: Garden rooms are 3 min walk but beach view really is we stayed in 345 with great beach front 10...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mark143
East Setauket, New York
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We took our entire family ( all 17 of us). To celebrate my birthday and to give the family some memories. Thanks to Divi and their wonderful staff, we had a great time. They even supplied a birthday cake, along with a bottle of wine for our room. This was our third trip to Aruba and Divi. If you're looking for a total relaxing , no hassle vacation check out the Divi . We stayed August 7th to August 12th.

Room Tip: To my knowledge all rooms have ocean view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank poppysgang
San Juan, Saint George, Trinidad and Tobago
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 3 weeks. Everything was fine, til one day i left my suitcase open, locked my room and went to work. On my return i discovered that some items were missing from my luggage. I filed a report with the police and the hotel. However nothing was done, the hotel manager lied and told me I would receive compensation for my lost items and has since been avoiding my calls and emails. I would have rated this hotel 5 stars if not for this dishonesty.

Room Tip: Never leave your items unattended always lock your bags and store items in the work safe
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
13 Thank 868Traveller2014
Ontario
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Simple rooms. Good food, not a lot of variety, but it is a smaller resort. Less busy than the crowded beaches of Punta Cana. Fresh pizza from the pizza oven. Great blended drinks, not from slush machines. Quiet, relaxing holiday.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Sunadore
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was recommended to stay at Divi by family. Prior to arrival I had booked and paid extra (which is usually not likely for me, but it was a special occasion) for the Oceanfront Lanai rooms. I had waited about 10 minutes on line to check in and the front desk woman wasn't as friendly as expected and told us they did not have a reservation for us and that they put us in a room in Tamarijn. Thank goodness I had my confirmation receipt that said I had booked the Lanai rooms so then she called her supervisor to figure the situation out. Another 15 minutes passed by and then they had figured it out and gave us the Lanai room. They did not apologize for the wait for misunderstanding (which at this point I don't mind, I just wanted to go swimming!). We also requested beforehand that this was for a special occasion if they could do something special and had promised us that they would as soon as we walked in the room there would be something for our occasion. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if it was because of the mix up, but there was nothing when we had walked in 2 hours after the front desk dispute. The room's location was perfect, right outside the beach. The safety deposit box was a little outdated and tiny, but was worth it since my fiancé had a pair of shorts stolen from our patio the first day (we figured it was since it was clipped down to a chair with a towel and the towel was still there, the way it was positioned, the wind would have taken both items, not just one). The room comes with a fridge (although not sure what you can put in there since everything is given in cups for drinks) and a well working air conditioning system (it was so cold!). Our room might have just been updated with new furniture, but not so much the tiles. The actual resort is beautiful, but could use some renovation in some areas. Workers were friendly, but seemed to be understaffed. A worker at the Pizza bar by the Divi lobby was there everyday around lunch time taking orders, cooking, cleaning, and refilling everything all by himself. I felt terrible and feel like they could use a little more staff to not overwork their employees. Our second day staying there we had went on an excursion from 9AM to 4PM and came back to a room that had not been serviced by housekeeping. We called the front desk to ask for towels (we were confused why our room had not been cleaned, but didn't mind, we just wanted fresh towels for the shower) and they transferred our called twice and nobody knew how to get us towels. About a half hour later we did receive our towels from a middle aged woman who came greeted us with a smile and was very sweet. Later that night we had a lizard in our room and maintenance came immediately to help scoot the little guy out. Workers were on point and tried their best. The beach had a good amount of rocks and had heard from a local to walk about 15 minutes towards Palm Beach to reach Eagle Beach where there are less rocks and the water is calmer. Overall it is a beautiful resort and had a couple of mix ups (nothing that killed my vacation), but would probably stay elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Lanai Rooms are quiet and beautiful (a 4 minute walk from the food).
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank B589
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,943 reviews
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,647 reviews
Barcelo Aruba
Barcelo Aruba
#20 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,723 reviews
Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort

Been to Divi Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!